PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

oppie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 12, 2010
Chicago
I have this one old cob around 5 years old, cost me less then 4 bucks, it's a beat up old thing with carbon an inch thick, but this pipe is a great smoker. I can smoke it all day everyday for weeks and it still delivers a great smoke. Amazing how some pipes just become your favorite.

jonesing

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 11, 2010
Yeah know Phil those cherry wood pipes do smoke well huh? Sort of like a cob. They seem "airy" somehow. Nice and cool and dry.
My new favorite is the pipe Rafter made me. I can't say enough about how well it smokes. I've yet to get it wet and believe me I've tried. I also smoke my favoaite blend in it (Bob's Chocolate flake) and a couple other sweetish english/latakia blends that seem to sort of match the Bob's somehow.
A close 2nd is mu Stanwell 19 because it's nice and light and comfortably bent. It's the VaPer pipe for the most part. I wish it was a sitter.
For me the most important thing in a pipe is knowing it's not a troublemaker...reliable, no hassle. And comfort in the hand and jaw is pretty important too.

jcsoldit

Lifer
Mar 27, 2010
Wisconsin
Yeah… I’ve got a couple that I wouldn’t want to part with because of the way they smoke and feel. Ones a Savinelli and the other a Charatan, ones worth a few bucks and the other a lot more, but I would cry like a baby if either one got damaged. Isn’t it funny how some pipes just feel better in your hands than others?

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
I go through phases.

Right now I'm into "Fist Full of Dollars" from Phil, and my Bjarne free form.

But, some times I can't put down my Cavicchi Bent Volcano.

I really couldn't tell why, I guess it's a mood thing.

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
A beat up Nording free hand with a bent stem and areas where my fingers have rubbed off the finish . A little Bent Bob poker that is so light I can let it dangle and rest on my chin a great working pipe for when I need both hands .

chuckw

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2009
I have a 1922 Peterson in the 312 shape that I finally procured the proper stem for and it has just recently become my go to pipe for flakes. My favorite for black ropes is a monster of a gourd calabash. Trying to pick a favorite from the plethora of pipes dedicated to my English blends, is impossible.

sapo59

Can't Leave
Dec 29, 2009
I would have to say my favorite go to for all day smoking are my mulitude of cobs, Then my recent pipes I made. They both smoke very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.