What is Your Sweetest Tobacco, Your Dessert !!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mobeasto123

Lurker
May 12, 2013
Hi guys, I want to know what is your sweatest tobacco. The one you smoke to replace ice cream after a good diner. The tobacco that fill your sweat tooth.

Thanks
David
Edit: Corrected capitalization in title per Rule #9, L.

kalvort

Might Stick Around
May 18, 2013
SWEATY TOBACCO!?!?! But no seriously, I am just getting into the hobby and I tried Ashton Guilty Pleasure last night. It's a bit sweet at first but loses flavour half way down the bowl ;/ The room note is good though. To me that's the best thing about aromatics, but I'm more towards flavour rather than room note, and I honestly find that there is always a slight chemical taste with flavoured tobaccos. However, Lane 1-Q and Macbaren Seven Seas are apparently good options. Too many tobaccos too little time. All the best!

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Welcome to both mobeasto123 and kalvort. :clap:
I enjoy sweet tastes, but like kalvort, most aromatics leave me with a chemical taste that ruins the experience.

This still leaves me with several choices, most of which are cavendish processed blends -- none of which would replace ice cream. :D

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
My usual blends tend to be latakias and orientals; however, for my sweet tooth I go to Rattray's Bagpiper's Dream and C&D's Gentleman Caller.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I had no idea about Captain Black. This may tempt me to open the pouch I've been avoiding, I mean

saving. Could be good, as an after dinner thing. A deliciously understated sweet aromatic is Lane's

LL-7, but it's not available everywhere. I think smokingpipes.com has some now, but I don't know how

long it will last. It seems to be one of these blends that is sold now and then. I like it as well as Q-1,

but I get the feeling that Forums folks don't share my enthusiasm. I'm a bit of an outlier all around,

but maybe that's good.

juvat270

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 1, 2011
For me, either Stokkebye Dansk Black or MacBaren 7 Seas Black. They're very similar to each other, but slightly different. Kind of like the difference between milk chocolate and dark chocolate.
Either one is especially good if you use the DGT on them. I'll smoke about a quarter of the bowl and then let sit for a day ( or two). After that, the sweetness in either one becomes very pronounced.

oklansas

Can't Leave
Apr 16, 2013
DC
Georgetown Tobacco 1261 - I use it to top off bowls of FMC quite frequently, also mix it with other areos. But, it's good by itself too....yum yum burley.

4dotsasieni

Jan 6, 2013
MacBaren's Honey & Chocolate - like eating one of the "Alice's Restaurant" laced brownies! (Not that I would know what that's like :oops:)

recoilrob

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 16, 2011
Doesn't get nicer than The Malthouse for me.
1293467594-Dan%20Tobacco%20The%20Malthouse%20Founders%20Reserve.jpg

doctorthoss

Oct 6, 2011
Classic Burley Kake, Autumn Evening and Ennerdale Flake are my favorite sweet aros, although for the record I prefer a good heavy Balkan for "dessert"!

rcstan

Lifer
Mar 7, 2012
Sunset Beach NC
I don't do ice cream as a dessert, only as an occasional treat. Usually dessert is some sort of fruit. That being said, a dessert tobacco for me would either be G&H Top Black Cherry or Planta Anno MMVII ( bilberries, which taste a lot like blueberries )

rickpal14

Lifer
Jun 9, 2011
Molto Dolce and Nordings Labrador
+1 on both of these blends dervis!!!!!
As the commercial goes " I don't smoke many aro's, but when I do I smoke Molto Dolce and Labrador!"

Status
Not open for further replies.