PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mackeson

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 29, 2016
What the heck?!?

“The broad masses of a population are more amenable to the appeal of rhetoric than to any other force.” – Adolf Hitler

I'm gone for a few days and come back to find people quoting Hitler for a personal Motto?

mayfair70

Lifer
Sep 14, 2015
I'm gone for a few days and come back to find people quoting Hitler for a personal Motto?
I missed that one. I REALLY hope it is just one person, and I really hope it is in some historical/philosophical context. I hate when Nazis happen.

mackeson

Mar 29, 2016
I don't think (hope) it was any serious homage or anything. Just a bit of a shock to see that

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
I took the OP's question serious.......I'm not sure how anyone can have more than one motto and make it effective, but then again, some of these mottos appear to more passing thoughts.

mackeson

Mar 29, 2016
Ashdigger, You bring up a good point. My original "Bacon" post was a smart-ass/silly response. If I'm honest it would be the golden rule of doing unto others as I would like them to do unto me. That's what I teach my kids too.
I just have trouble with the serious reply sometimes. I think I'm much funnier than I really am

averagegent

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 22, 2016
Oh, there're so many quotes I would love to post (smart-ass/silly or otherwise), but if I could choose only one, it would have to be:
"Strive to be a warrior and a scholar. Be forged in fire and tempered by knowledge."

tmb152

Can't Leave
Apr 26, 2016
We are all in trouble then when the lessons of history are before us again and totally go unnoticed. Was it not Jorge Santayana who said that those who cannot remember their past are condemned to repeat it (paraphrasing).

mayfair70

Lifer
Sep 14, 2015
that she's a black magic woman, trying to make a devil outta me.
History doesn't repeat itself, it just rhymes. MEH
Serious? My motto would have to be, "Buy the ticket, take the ride." HST

Status
Not open for further replies.