What is Your Favorite Blend in the Morning?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
I like Briar fox with Mt Dew. And Pegasus with coffee. I think the extra virginias in the BF work well with the citrus of the Dew.

So usually mornings = coffee= Pegasus.

Reactions: Annaresti Red

PrivatePiping

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 24, 2023
Todd - Boise, ID
If I have time to sit down with a cup of coffee, it's the one time I'll reach for an aromatic. It's like having a danish with your coffee without the calories! Currently Peretti Coffee fills that spot nicely.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I don't fixate on any varietal or blend. I tend to smoke minimally cased or topped tobacco, mostly burley and virginia. In the a.m. I'll check my various resting spots for pipes with any dottle, as i work my way through my first cuppa. Within a few minutes though, I'll have a freshly loaded bowl and be walking before sunrise, listening for the awakening or nocturnals and keeping an eye out for bears and aligators.

hoipolloiglasgow

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 14, 2023
United States
Right now it is Charing Cross and Skiff. I occasionally enjoy EMP as well. I'm still looking for something new to go in rotation with those. Gonna try Peterson Standard Mixture and few more Pease blends to see how that goes.

daveinlax

Charter Member
May 5, 2009
WISCONSIN
My diminishing supply of Nat Sherman 307, love this blend in the morning.
I think the Nate Sherman mixtures were from
Lane Ltd. It might be 1Q, BLWB or RLP-6 in a tin.

I’m pretty much a one trick pony so my first smoke of the morning is usually finishing my last bowl of the night. I usually have 2 or three partially smoked bowls at hand in the morning.

Peter Turbo

Lifer
Oct 18, 2021
CT, USA
I think the Nate Sherman mixtures were from
Lane Ltd. It might be 1Q, BLWB or RLP-6 in a tin.

I’m pretty much a one trick pony so my first smoke of the morning is usually finishing my last bowl of the night. I usually have 2 or three partially smoked bowls at hand in the morning.
Its not 1Q and I haven't tried BLWB or RLP-6 but BLWB looks the closest to the cut/color/topping of 307 so I'll have to get some and try out. Thanks for the tip!

Sigmund

Lifer
Sep 17, 2023
France
Lately its either been Makhuwa (sometimes with a pinch of lat) or White Horses. I tend to like my vapers for desert after lunch with tea. Sweetened tea really brings out the sweetness.

Western Isles

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 19, 2021
Tennessee
Today it's EMP, which suits the spring rain and my mood, but more often my morning choice is Dunhill/Peterson Standard Mixture.

Sparcdude

Lurker
Feb 9, 2023
New Hampshire
It varies for me - I don’t look for anything in particular, but it’s usually PA or EMP. Once in a while I’ll grab some Peterson Standard Mixture - or whatever my hand happens to land on when I’m rummaging...

Reactions: BlueMaxx