What is Your Favorite Blend in the Morning?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

BCF

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 23, 2022
Pennsylvania
Good question. It used to be Granger every morning for the drive to the job, but I've really been mixing it up as of late. I always have Granger with me; it's predominantly what I smoke during the day, but the ride in has been lately a lot of different blends. Anywhere from Navigator or Windjammer to Match Victorian to Stirling Flake and everything in between.

Annaresti Red

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 20, 2021
Concord, CA
www.tobaccoreviews.com
Good question. It used to be Granger every morning for the drive to the job, but I've really been mixing it up as of late. I always have Granger with me; it's predominantly what I smoke during the day, but the ride in has been lately a lot of different blends. Anywhere from Navigator or Windjammer to Match Victorian to Stirling Flake and everything in between.
I've been really wanting to try or buy some Windjammer, waiting until i have enough moola, how would you sum it up in a few words? What about navigator?

BCF

Dec 23, 2022
Pennsylvania
I've been really wanting to try or buy some Windjammer, waiting until i have enough moola, how would you sum it up in a few words? What about navigator?
I enjoy Windjammer, a lot. I'm certainly no expert, but to me its smoothness is what attracts me. To me it is Virginia forward, but the burley and perique are right there along with the sweetness of the rum, but honestly, it hits on all cylinders for me. Tastes great and easy to smoke.
Navigator is a different tune. I enjoy it too, but for other reasons. I don't really taste any sweetness of the rum, in fact I don't taste it much at all. I like it because it's hearty and smokes that way, if you get what I mean. Not as bold as a Stirling/Irish flake, but certainly in that vein.
But don't take my word for it for heaven's sake, give it a try.😉

burleybreath

Aug 29, 2019
Finger Lakes area, New York, USA
My mornings occur in the afternoon, as far as pipe smoking goes. Headaches, otherwise. I'm finding it difficult to like anything other than Amphora Full Aroma for my first smoke. It doesn't come across as an aromatic, not as it did years ago. Something has changed drastically. You can only get it in a pouch, I believe, which bugs me.

--dante--

Lifer
Jun 11, 2020
Pittsburgh, PA USA
Burley but not any particular blend. I primarily smoke burley blends anyway, but with coffee I definitely prefer burley, and coffee is part of the morning for me.

Most often it's Five Brothers, Old Joe Krantz (or OJK Red or Blue) or Wilke Wall Street. Ribbon or shags or cakes for the morning -- I don't want to fuss with flake, ropes, or plugs first thing in the AM. That said I will sometimes prepare the morning pipe the evening before.

Last edited: