PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

adui

Can't Leave
Aug 26, 2019
Mesa Arizona
Chamber or bowl? For chamber I'm going to say toss up between my bent briar and my self carved ball. The ball chamber is slightly wider about 1/16th inch or so; the bent briar is about the same deeper.

Now as for bowl size, (outside size) the ball wins for dimensional size, but I think my briar has as much or slightly more material due to the mistakes I made carving the shank.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

lelik

Lifer
Aug 21, 2019
4 1/2'' H
Y9fzwgg.jpg

Reactions: jpmcwjr and rogers

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
I like large pipes. For some quirky reason I've always progressed the size of the pipe I smoke through the course of the day: mediums in the morning, large at noon and very large in the evening. Have several magnums I smoke in the evening, 1 being a bent billiard Wilmer and 1 a Collosus straight rusticated barrel whose bowl is around 3 inches tall around 7 inches in length.

Parsimonious Piper

Can't Leave
Oct 12, 2019
MM Wizard Cobbit 0.825x2” chamber. Easily lasts a couple hours, and I can’t imagine smoking some of the really big chambers posted here.

tokerpipes

Lifer
Jan 16, 2012
Eatonville, WA
My largest bowled pipe is a briar bird custom I had made for my birthday a few years back. I can put my thumb in past my first knuckle and you could drop a 50 cent piece in it when it was new. But with the cake I built up on it maybe a quarter now.121871218812189

Reactions: JMcQ and jpmcwjr

rushx9

Lifer
Jul 10, 2019
Shelby, NC
20191215_165731.jpg20191215_165722.jpg
Scored this GBD Pre-Historic Collector Scoop in a set of estates I won on ebay. Slightly over 1 inch chamber width, just under 2 inch depth. It has a crack on the rim that only goes about an eighth of an inch down and doesn't affect the smoke. Considering one of the other pipes was a Savinelli freehand and I only paid about $9 a piece for them I think I came out alright on the deal.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Technically this doesn’t count.

A) It’s part of the estate I’m charged with selling
B) Two bowls (oops, chambers)

But I thought it’d be fun to show it (this isn’t a good pic)

View attachment 11734
Very decent pic! Unless you feel it lacks some artistic element, not needed at all in an exposition photo.

How does (do) the airway(s) run?- are the chambers connected?

diamondback

Lifer
Feb 22, 2019
Rockvale, TN
Very decent pic! Unless you feel it lacks some artistic element, not needed at all in an exposition photo.

I’m not sure, I’ll pull the stem and check :)

That’d be a great way to enjoy that often pondered 1Q and Odyssey combination! :LOL:

Seriously though I’ll go pull the pipe in a bit, grab a cleaner and maybe a flashlight and see what’s going on down in the shank.

?

diamondback

Lifer
Feb 22, 2019
Rockvale, TN

Okay, done!

Yes sir, connected. Like an open gang-valve. With just a bit of practice I was able to steer the cleaner into either chamber by tilting the stummel.

—/ /—/ /

————
Crudely represented ^^

It’s stamped:
Søren
HAND-CARVED
COPENHAGEN
DENMARK

Sorry for the uppercase. The stamping is likewise all-caps except for “Søren.”

Status
Not open for further replies.