PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dorsetpiper

Lurker
Feb 27, 2014
Ahh Kendal, we grow it here in the UK it is most delicious!
Seriously someone is thinking too deeply - let me guess - from the US?

By that I mean Lakeland, Kendal etc was not a thing before the internet and ones global ability to communicate using said invention.

May 4, 2015
I smoked Kendal's Gold Banana this weekend, which I was gifted by chasingembers. I liked it so much, I want to purchase more. Anyone know where I could order it? A cursory search has left me wanting.

thomasw

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 5, 2016
This is an interesting question. Perhaps a note to SG for clarification on what they intend in its use? All I know is that when it is describing Brown No.4 it means delicious :)

May 4, 2015
I just did a check and no one in the US has the Kendal Banana Gold for sale online
That's what I found as well. Disappointing.
As far as the peach goes, I'd be happy to try it. Assuming the base tobaccos are the same, the topping is very unobtrusive as it is, at least with the banana. Just a whisper. Where did you see that?

May 4, 2015
The one place that won't ship to me. Figures.
I like it, but I don't "ship-it-to-someone-to-repack-and-ship-it-to-me" like it.

jitterbugdude

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2014
Cosmic, I think with you being layed up with the flu you have too much time on your hands and are overthinking this. Kendal is now just used to refer to Kendal, The Lakelands and the funky(in a good way) tasting tobaccos that come from there.
Think "Virginia". It is a flue cured tobacco that was grown and exported predominately from Virginia. Now every country and his brother grow it. A flue cured from Africa is still called a Virginia.
edit: Hell, I just saw this was started 9 months ago.. so much for my flu theory :?

Status
Not open for further replies.