PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
They're worth about $100 brand new. Not a lot of resale value. Assuming it's in good shape, I wouldn't pay more than $60.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
I don't know dude. It's sitting at $52 right now, and I'm sure I could get one similar for cheaper locally but if you don't have a tobacconist that sells estates, I wouldn't go over $60 for it. The problem is, he doesn't give any of the pedigree of it. What year is it? K&P, Made in Republic of Ireland I can see, but I don't see any symbols on the silver leading me to think it may not be a silver band. I'd probably pass myself, but that's up to you.
-Jason

tokerpipes

Lifer
Jan 16, 2012
Eatonville, WA
This isn't real fair. What if one of you guys are bidding against stumpy? Usually not a good idea to ask on a live bid. Of course all these guys are stand up and probably aren't interested in a Pete but how well do you really know us noob? Huh?

stumpyds8

Lurker
Mar 15, 2012
Actually this one is pretty clear to see the value on by looking it up new. Looks like again roughly $100. I will drop in my max bid and see what happens. Ebay is frustrating sometimes. If I dont land a good deal soon I will just order a couple new pipes.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Kinsale XL20 goes for $103 on Cup O' Joes and this one is unsmoked, so I'd probably go closer to $75-80 max. That said, the Kinsale line is just the Sherlock Holmes line without the Sherlock Holmes nomenclature. Now if it were a Sherlock line pipe, that'd be different. $110-120 is the max I'd go for an unsmoked one of those...
-Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.