PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shutterbugg

Lifer
Nov 18, 2013
When a non-aro gets boring I toss in a little Lane BCA, and when an aro starts getting cloying I toss in a little Nightcap. Nothing really rocket-science about it, never felt the need to buy someone's so-called crossover blend.

cornleader

Might Stick Around
Mar 8, 2015
I have only tried 3 Froggy blends. Cellar, across the pond and original. I like them all however original is my favorite. Consistent start to finish. I smoke it right down to nothing and the taste is great right to the end. Cellar is very flavorful but the only downside for me is it seems to get a bit nasty at the end of the smoke. ATP isn't bad but meh compared to the other blends I've tried. All similar but different. Defiantly worth a try.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
Well that does it, if Frog Morton is comparable to Nightcap then it's just as well it can't be had here in Blighty. Nightcap (and Early Morning Pipe for that matter) tastes somewhat how one would expect a sweaty armpit to taste like :crazy:
Best I stick to my trusty Condor Ready Rubbed & Long Cut flake :worship:
Regards,
Jay.

beastinview

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 5, 2016
Well, "comparable" to Nightcap might be an overstatement, unless you just take the term "comparable" completely in its denotative sense. It is possible to compare the two, as they both have a defining flavor of latakia, but Nightcap is just much, much stronger. I would hazard a guess that most people who have a taste for latakia would enjoy both, and most people who don't like latakia would enjoy neither. That was more my point, I suppose.
On the other hand, Early Morning Pipe is considered a very mild English blend. EMP and Frog Morton's Cellar, though quite different in some respects, would probably be quite comparable in terms of strength and latakia content. The main difference is that FMC has a bit of topping, while EMP doesn't, and EMP has some Oriental leaf, while FMC doesn't.
If you found the smell of EMP terrible, you're probably reacting against the latakia, since that is the dominant and defining flavor and aroma in most English blends. I'd guess you wouldn't be a fan of FMC either.

Status
Not open for further replies.