PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

psychpipes

Can't Leave
Sep 4, 2013
Nature Coast of Florida
So since the consensus is the game was a letdown, let's go back in time a month and talk about college football and my Seminoles. That was a fun game to watch. Went to every home game for the noles for the past 7 years...Good to see the SEC fall in the last BCS game. :wink:

PlanxtyPipes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 6, 2013
I thought the game was hugely disappointing. Part of that was probably because was hoping to see Peyton Manning get another ring before he retires. Really though I didn't care much about who won the game...I just wanted to see a GOOD game. I guess maybe if you are a die-hard Seahawks fan it was a "good" game. I think most of us neutrals were bored to tears. The game was over after the safety on the first snap of the game and the Broncos never looked like getting into the game. Even the commercials were a letdown this year.
That said, congrats to the Seahawks for an OUTSTANDING performance in all phases of the game. That was one of the most complete games I've ever witnessed by a team and without a doubt the best defensive performance I've ever seen. As much as people will talk about the Broncos collapse, the Seahawks need to be given their props. They obviously got a much deserved win.

colorduke

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 5, 2011
WOW is all I can say,not a fan of either team but who would of thought the Denver Donkeys would choke like that.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
The Bronco's offensive line happened to them. I was pulling for Seattle, but not

to win like that. It was hard to believe. I kept watching despite myself.

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
One odd thing about the broadcast is they saved the best commercials for after the game was over. The Doritos commercial with the little girl riding a mastiff to the William Tell Overture (The Lone Ranger Theme music) was hand's down the best of the night.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
As soon as that safety happened twelve seconds in I knew that game was over. Denver wasn't able to mentally recover from it and it resulted in the most lopsided Super Bowl in about twenty years.
I think they need to reformat the NFL playoffs. No more of this one and done garbage. Go straight to the conference championship with a best of three series and then on to the league championship best of three series. That way there is a lot less luck involved.
Halftime was kind of lame. All the Red Hot Chili Peppers did was two minutes of "Give It Away". Whoever that Bruno Mars was lip-synced for the rest of the time. The game was so bad I was hoping they'd just call it and let the Peppers play for the remaining two hours.
The commercials were pretty bad. I guess since they spent $4M to get the slot they didn't have enough money to higher a decent marketing team to come up with decent commercials. Though, I have to say the Budweiser Best Buds one with the puppy and the Clydesdale was priceless.
Worst of all we didn't get a Richard Sherman blow up post-game interview.
I've learned one thing from this Super Bowl, the Puppy Bowl is a far better game.

saint007

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 22, 2013
OK, I confess. Yesterday, I watched a lot more of the "Walking Dead" Zombie Bowl Marathon than I did of any of the SB pre-game or game itself! I would have liked to have watched more of the game if it wasn't so boring.

Jan 8, 2013
Not a huge fan of either team, although I've always enjoyed watching the Broncos play. I have an old friend who has been a Seahawks fan his entire life. Me and all the guys used to give him flack and rub it in his face the Seahawks sucked lol. Well he finally got his payback! Lol! He's on cloud nine :) I would have preferred to see Manning and the Broncos win last night. But they played a sloppy game period. You can't blame the offense or defense alone in this game. Their defense couldn't stop the Seahawks. In fact on many plays it didn't appear they wanted to all that much. The offense couldn't make the plays they needed to make either. They couldn't move forward. You can't blame the offense, you can't blame the defense, you can't blame Manning... You can blame the whole team. They weren't there. They were obviously somewhere else. When I came to the realization that Denver just wasn't going to step up, I actually turned to the Seahawks, and thoroughly enjoyed watching them flat out embarrass the Broncos. And after last nights performance, the Broncos should be embarrassed. By not even putting up a descent fight, they let down a lot of fans.

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
They didn't show up?

Switched channels just before half time. I really like Payton too.

ravkesef

Lifer
Aug 10, 2010
Cheshire, CT
Seattle's win wasn't a fluke. They spent time analyzing the Broncos' consistent, and for the most part predictable strategy, and throughout the game positioned themselves to counter it. By the time Denver caught on, it was too late to do anything about it because they were too solidly wedded to a strategy that had always worked in the past. An excellent analysis can be found in today's Wall Street Journal.

Status
Not open for further replies.