What Do You Like to Drink During a Smoke? Alcoholic or Non?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

3 Fresh Scottie Piersel Pipes
2 Fresh Il Duca Pipes
New Cigars
3 Fresh Peter Heding Pipes
60 Fresh Savinelli Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipevilleworld

Might Stick Around
Apr 12, 2011
Geez... I sure do wish I was coffee drinker... LOL. Almost everybody suggested coffee. I need to load up my, so far,non-existent liquor cabinet. Nice feedback gentlemen!

morlader

Can't Leave
Mar 2, 2011
Cornwall UK
During the day coffee ( espresso ) or tea ( Lapsang Sushong black ) and in the evening a pint of real ale or a glass of Appleton Estate rum. :puffy:

torcoman

Lurker
Apr 14, 2011
Depends on the mood and on the tobacco i am smoking. Usually i drink Turkish coffee in the morning while smoking some english mix. Then depends on the tobacco and the hour of the day. For example a find smoking samuel gawith 1792 flake along with some strong ale or scotch the best possible combination at late night.

rfrostrevelation

Might Stick Around
Mar 29, 2011
Coffee for the morning. Water throughout the day. My fiance has told me repeatedly that I Have two nighttime smoking personas.

1. The "Distinguished Southern Gentleman" where I grab the briar and some single malt scotch.

2. "My Hillbilly Grandad" where I grab the cobs and a cold PBR or Southpaw. :rofl:

wheetree

Lurker
Aug 2, 2011
I'm surprised no one has mentioned Port. I like a good tawny with my pipe. Some English walnuts and you've got near heaven. No stilton cheese while smoking though, yuck :p

Pim's & 7up is also good; I haven't noticed the negative citrus reaction mentioned, but I don't add lemon/lime/orange slices to my Pim's.

I also enjoy a sweet red wine as well as whiskey/whisky with a pipe, both good bourbons and scotch.

menckenite

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 21, 2010
Alabama
I agree with torcoman
Depends on the mood and on the tobacco i am smoking.
These are my tastes preferences but I don't always have a beverage when smoking a pipe:

Virginias (golden or light) can't handle much more than ice water.

Burleys are good with coffee.

Latakia blends work well with many beers and spirits.

damien83

Might Stick Around
Aug 2, 2011
I always have swwet ice tea with my smoke, and when I say sweet I mean sweet, i'm a southern country boy and I like just a little bit of tea with my sugar.

mp31guitar

Lifer
Jun 28, 2011
Sweet tea for me. Sometimes a beer but I find when I drink beer my mouth waters too much. Maybe for more beer.

taliesyn

Lurker
Aug 26, 2013
Brandy or a peaty Islay Single Malt Scotch. Port sounds perfect - any recommendations on which Port to try?

mikestanley

Lifer
May 10, 2009
Akron area of Ohio
Coffee more often than not. Diet Ginger Ale comes in second. When I drink alcoholic beverages, it would be an Old Fashioned or a Vesper with a couple of stuffed olives to replace the twist.
Mike S.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I admit to drinking almost anything with a pipe, but not with any great intention. For me, coffee isn't

optimal, though I drink it with a pipe often. Coffee is a flavor experience and a mild upper, and it gets

in the way of a pipe for me. Most tea, hot or cold, goes really well. No herbal or sweet stuff. P&W Tips

or any green or black tea usually sets off even a sophisticated blend pretty well, English or aro. Plain

water goes well. Scotch is too edgy for me; I like it by itself, but not with tobacco. Bourbon can make

a good match, but more with aros, not so much with English -- there's enough going on with a good

English or Balkan. Colas, no; diet colas, never. Soft drinks, nyet. If I get to enjoying the pipe, I sometimes

abandon the beverage, except to clear my palate. Beer and ale type beverages coat my mouth and make

me feel overfull and don't complement a pipe at all, though I know I'm in the minority here, big time.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Coffee in the morning for sure. Goes very well with a pipe.
I don't drink much alcohol these days, so I like cranberry w/ seltzer. For me, the sugar/sweetness counteracts the nicotine quite nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies.