What Do You Do with All Your Empty Tins?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
I know some LOLs (little old ladies) who stitch, knit, macrame, cross, etc. and I hand them over to them.
Every now and then they bring me pies.
Best in the world... be right back, need to march ten miles while carrying an anvil to work off these delicious calories!

prairiedruid

Lifer
Jun 30, 2015
I make decoys and a blind out of them. I hunch down in the blind and wait for unicorn blends to show up and then take them out with my 12 gauge credit card!

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
So far, I use them to ration out bulks that aren't jarred.
jay-roger.jpg

derfargin

Lifer
Mar 3, 2014
Kennesaw, GA
Typically the C&D and Pease style tins get chucked in the trash mostly because of the edge on the inside. My wife saw me throw away a square tin and asked me to give them to her. She's hording the square and "shoe polish" style tins at the moment. I did see that she was re-using one for her "recreational tobacco", ironically she chose to use The Royal Yacht tin for that. It made me laugh, given the polarity that blend has with the pipe community.

May 8, 2017
Sugar Grove, IL, USA
Last summer I bought a few pipes and some jars of tobacco from a fellow who owned a welding business. He had a die that he used to cut a circle out of the tin lid which he placed on top of the regular sealing lid of his Ball jars. Very similar to that npad does, but with the original tin, rather than a photo.

midwestpipesmoker70

Can't Leave
Nov 28, 2011
IL
I keep my guitar pics in an old Orlik Golden Slice tin. I have been keeping one of every kind of tin and will someday somehow display them or just say screw it and recycle.

tom12

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 26, 2011
Usually throw them in the recycling bin but I have seen one youtube user stick a knocker in it and use it as a ashtray, may do that with my next tin.

Status
Not open for further replies.