PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
La Aurora 120th Anniversary. Having my second of the five pack and, man, the aging potential in these things is astounding. They're not burning perfect right now, but the burn and the ash reminded me precisely of most Havanas that need aging to reveal the blender's intent. Could be the best La Aurora blend I've had. I'm definitely grabbing a box to squirrel away.
IMG_20240131_164959048.jpg

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York

When I first tried Fonseca cigars in the early ’90s, they had a unique vegetal note that I really enjoyed, but didn’t really taste in subsequent years. It’s been a long time since I’ve had any—your 2001 is probably after the time I last had a Fonseca. Have you had any new offerings? If so, what kinds of flavors are present these days?

onepyrotec

Lifer
Feb 20, 2013
Nevada
All these great cigars - makes me want to start rolling again bdw We have a great Whole leaf warehouse about an hour away , loved going there and walking around looking over all the great leaf - even made some interesting blends with St. James perique whole leaf for a pipe/cigar cross-over blends, it was pretty tasty...if I do say so myself, haha
agreed! I miss rolling to pass the time. I have been telling myself to make time and do it again.

onepyrotec

Lifer
Feb 20, 2013
Nevada
When I first tried Fonseca cigars in the early ’90s, they had a unique vegetal note that I really enjoyed, but didn’t really taste in subsequent years. It’s been a long time since I’ve had any—your 2001 is probably after the time I last had a Fonseca. Have you had any new offerings? If so, what kinds of flavors are present these days?
What I would do to go back to the early or even late 90's to restock all over again. Even 2001 model are not as full flavored as the last several boxes of '97s that I had. Newest I have had were from 2020 if I recall, and even more user friendly. Not saying that is a bad thing, just not what they used to be.

Send me your mailing addy in a PM and I'll get a couple in the mail for you to try. (I say a couple because like others from 1999 - 2000 - 2001 this box has some construction issues and one or two will be tossed from draw being too tight)

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
What I would do to go back to the early or even late 90's to restock all over again. Even 2001 model are not as full flavored as the last several boxes of '97s that I had. Newest I have had were from 2020 if I recall, and even more user friendly. Not saying that is a bad thing, just not what they used to be.

Send me your mailing addy in a PM and I'll get a couple in the mail for you to try. (I say a couple because like others from 1999 - 2000 - 2001 this box has some construction issues and one or two will be tossed from draw being too tight)

Thank you!

Have you purchased the PerfecDraw tool? It has barbs that pull out a channel of tobacco. Tight draws are a thing of the past. I highly recommend its purchase. You may never toss a stick with a tight draw ever again.