PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

lelik

Lifer
Aug 21, 2019
Arturo Fuente Rosado Sungrown Magnum R 58
KdoJyzhl.jpg

Had three cigars you’ve all seen me smoking before on the porch yesterday that I didn’t bother posting. Having Rocky Patel Sun Grown Robusto, 5.5" x 50.

View attachment 240877

Wasabi is on the lookout.

View attachment 240879
How do you like the Rocky Patel sun grown ? I got them in samplers before and like them quite a lot. Given these budget cigars is said to offer a punch much higher than the price point I ordered a 10 pack, but yet to smoke one.

Being price conscious I always love a good value 😀

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
How do you like the Rocky Patel sun grown ? I got them in samplers before and like them quite a lot. Given these budget cigars is said to offer a punch much higher than the price point I ordered a 10 pack, but yet to smoke one.

Being price conscious I always love a good value 😀

I loved the pungent aroma more than how it tasted, but I would give it another try.

Yes, a good value is always appreciated. In the warm weather, when I sit outside, I sometimes smoke a Churchill in a two or two and a half hour period, and might end up having three or four over an afternoon/evening—I can’t do that with an Ashton VSG.

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
Wish I had taken a picture, but didn't. I was looking for a good stick for cheap, usually a hard search. When it comes to cigars, for me darker is better. My tobacconist suggested the Flor de Oliva Maduro. It was love at first puff

(picture I found on the internet)

View attachment 238964
When I was a new cigar smoker, I got turned on to Flor de Oliva bundles, and I smoked through my share of the Corojo bundles. Never did try the maduro version. Does the maduro have a sweet tip like the original Sumatra version?

S.A. DeVault

Might Stick Around
Nov 12, 2022
Southern Wisconsin
When I was a new cigar smoker, I got turned on to Flor de Oliva bundles, and I smoked through my share of the Corojo bundles. Never did try the maduro version. Does the maduro have a sweet tip like the original Sumatra version?
I don’t remember any flavouring on the tip, and I should have tasted one if there was, as I used a punch cutter