PaulRVA

Lifer
May 29, 2023
“Tobacco Row “Richmond Virginia USA

Tate

Lifer
Sep 27, 2023
Northern Illinois
I smoke straight Virginia’s in New Pipes till I get a lil cake then move on to whatever I feel like. I have a few ARO only pipes for stuff that funks up but in general I start with Virginia’s then move on. However it seems all of my best smokers were caked initially with SWR and for 30 years those pipes have been flawless.
Take it for what it’s worth and your mileage may vary.
Don't underestimate a top tier pipe being made with a piece of $h!t briar that no one could’ve seen coming, including the maker.
It happens and anyone who says otherwise is just kidding themselves.
Then there’s the smoke what you want to smoke from day one and never look back crowd and they do just as well.
For me personally if a pipe cant handle the pressure I don't want it and the particular one that aggravated me the most was a Savinelli 320 that ran hot from smoke #1 to this day 20 years later.
I use the same method but sometimes use Five Brothers. I used that because starting out I knew I could get that to smoke consistently to the bottom of the bowl. Only exception would be my Pete. I broke that in with MM965.

Tate

Lifer
Sep 27, 2023
Northern Illinois
Paradoxical in a large Satou. I am not big on holidays, but I am quite grateful for this online community. I appreciate the input from the more experienced and less experienced pipe smokers in the forum. As a lone smoker who has learned everything virtually, this community has just been invaluable. Special shout out to @PaulRVA and @AppalachianPipe92 for all the great advice and conversation.
View attachment 264005
Same here buddy!! I've learned pretty much everything from here and Youtube and it is awesome to have some community and checking in around smokes with y'all!

gamzultovah

Lifer
Aug 4, 2019
Status
Not open for further replies.