PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sidehatch

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 30, 2022
Colorado
Taking a further dive into virginias. Sunday maiden voyage of Carolina Red Flake 2020 courtesy of a fellow forum member. Put in my dedicated Virginia Tsuge Dublin Horn. Intially was not doing it for me. The Newminster 400 I had been puffing was scratching my itch a little more. Working through the bowl though it’s starting to get some mojo going. Will need to try it in my Virginia cob also.52E8338E-373B-4A27-B511-87D8E0D9C6CF.jpeg

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011

Mac Baren: HH Old Dark Fired in a Falcon with a meer bowl...​

LdKNMGg.png

Scottmi

Lifer
Oct 15, 2022
Orcas, WA
I haven’t smoked Sutliff Crumble Kake Red Virginia in a long time, so since the jar was within reach from yesterday, Crumble Kake it is…

2018 Sutliff Crumble Kake Red Virginia in a 2012 Peterson Walnut Spigot 408.

View attachment 179889
just back in from sailing in the cold, cold, frigid overcast Puget Sound. At least the rain and snow stopped before we went out.. anyway, your picture looks so warm and inviting! I'll be out for a bowl in a bit after my toes warm up! ;-)

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
About a third of a bowl left of Robert McConnell’s Scottish Blend in a 2002 black pebble finish straight Cavicchi C. Fatto A Mano lovat with a black acrylic saddle stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. That was perhaps the best pipe zoom I ever had. Just great fun and information.
Cavicchi_lovat.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
I always thought a member spotlight of the month would be neat. A couple photos of their pipes and set up (maybe the usual smoking area) and some interview questions.

For example: does @JimInks marinate his chicken legs or use a sauce? Is it the drum or a tomahawk with the thigh?

Does @cosmicfolklore accessorize his own pipes? If so, what is his preferred look?

Just some thoughts.
Just the leg part. No marinating either. Keeps the calorie count down, and I get true chicken flavor by baking the legs.

Carol

Lifer
Dec 15, 2021
NW NM, USA
Had a nice smoke of Mississippi Mud in a cob, out under a tree during my walk today. I find it kind of amusing that my dog will sit next to me if I smoke Old Toby, or Troutstream. But if I smoke a Latakia blend, he sits up wind and farther away. Ha ha! Everybody's a critic! :ROFLMAO:

edger

Lifer
Dec 9, 2016
Mayer AZ
Making some fast cellphone edits of a cyclocross race I shot a couple weeks back.

Smoke: Whimsical in a Moonshine Midnight Sandblast Cannonball
View attachment 179883Film: Kodak Tri-X in a Pentax K1000 w/ 35mm F2.8 lens
View attachment 179884
Love the photos! My favorite film camera is a refurbished Pentax H3v with a 35mm f 3.5 SMC lens. I prefer film but digital is better, easier, and cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.