PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tall stack of cinnamon raisin French toast with unsalted peanuts and a golden delicious apple on the side. I'm close to finishing this bowl of Watch City SEPC McClouxgaroux 2023 in a 1920s-30s Grant’s Pipe Shop Corinthian Deluxe 409 (made by Comoy’s) smooth brown medium bend bulldog with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Lavazza Classico, neat, is my drink.
Grant’s_Pipe_Shop_CorinthianDeluxe_bulldog409.jpg

krizzose

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Michigan
Mac Baren Vanilla Roll Cake in a Savinelli Canadian.

I prefer Vanilla Cream Flake, so it’s been a few years since I’ve had this. I think both the topping and underlying tobacco of VCF are stronger and richer. VRC is a little more mild all around, and tasting great right now. It’s a nice reward after shoveling a couple inches of wet snow.

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
...and what tobacco is this? First time I hear about it...
Thank you.
There is an individual that posts on YouTube by the name of Joffre the Giant, and at a blending contest, years back, at his local tobacconist, he blended this tobacco and called it Chocolate Manhood. A friend of mine made up a whole bunch based off the blending components and gave me some.

How is the flavor profile on the rustica? I always heard it had a harsh flavor but what notes and flavors do you pick up on it?
It is surprisingly mild in flavor. It it slightly itchy on the throat though, and if the leaves are darker then it is also a bit spicy 🌶️ . Otherwise I find a hint of incense, nutty sweetness.

It does not burn very well, so mixed with another tobacco the burn characteristics improve. I have not experimented much with mixing, but mixed with an aromatic like Crème Brûlée it works very well. I plan to mix with other tobacco in the future to see how it does.

I don’t know if it is my batch, but I don’t feel the Nicotine too much. In comparison Gawith Hoggarth Dark Birds Eye seems stronger to me.

Or the Nicotine may be subtle and effect is slightly different than burley/DFK

Status
Not open for further replies.