PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 29, 2024
Boston Ma
cmonman.com
Tonight it's Captain Black original in my longtime favorite workhorse pipe, a bent Country Gentleman cob outfitted with a bent C type Forever Stem.puffy

View attachment 294024

I continue to be thoroughly surprised by (and a little uncomfortable with) just how much I seem to like Captain Black original. Outside of Carter Hall I had kinda considered myself beyond smoking drug store blends, especially drug store aromatics, but Captain Black is just so darn well behaved and tasty and I appreciate that it has a reasonably satisfying nicotine content.

It took me about 3 bowls to really nail down what it tastes like, because it's not quite plain vanilla but something creamy tasting and really familiar that I couldn't quite put my finger on, but tonight on my third bowl I figured it out! It's Coffee mate Italian Sweet Cream coffee creamer! That's exactly what Captain Black original tastes like!

It's darn tasty too, and exceptionally well behaved. I don't think I've ever had to relight a bowl more than once, it burns clean with little moisture left behind, and it absolutely refuses to bite or burn harsh no matter how high the wind is or how absentmindedly you puff it. If you're the sort who enjoys an aromatic from time to time and haven't tried Captain Black original yet then I'd highly recommend giving it a go sometime. You might be as surprised as I've been by what a nice and just generally pleasant and enjoyable blend it is.

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
Back to back and back & forth with C&D Exclusive between these two Castello KK 10’s
While taking care of my sick dog.
View attachment 294078
Sorry to hear about your dog, I felt so helpless when the boy in my avatar, Nealus was sick and unfortunately my upstairs neighbours little girl Pepper passed away a couple of days ago too which was very sad as I used to look after her a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.