PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Earlier, I smoked a bowl of Sam Gawith Brown Sugar Flake in a smooth brown medium bend early 1900s C.P.F. The Chesterfield (Peterson copy) French briar military mount billiard with a nickel cap and black vulcanite AB p-lip stem.
Chesterfield_Bent BilliardMM_AB.jpg

And, I just finished smoking year 2014 Sam Gawith Best Brown Flake in a straight smooth brown 1933-1945 Comoy’s patent Grand Slam 159 *4 apple with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Have just coffee left. Been watching baseball games.

Comoy's_Grand Slam_159apple.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Just finished smoking Wilke Back Bay w/o perique in a straight smooth brown undated pre-Republic Peterson Dublin Sterling Canadian 264 with a sterling silver band and a tapered black vulcanite stem. I got John Brandt to make this for me. It’s not on the menu.
Peterson_PR_Canadian_Sterling264 .jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Last smoke of the day is year 2014 Edgeworth Ready Rubbed Match in a late '80s, early 90s small bend medium brown smooth, unbranded Nording pot with a couple small rusticated spots, an amber colored acrylic ferrule and tapered stem in the military mount style.
Nording_pot_unbranded.jpg

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
It has been a busy day trying to complete a mammoth registration statement project that will run into next week and probably the better part of 150+ pages of mindless disclosure including climate change risks and heaven knows what else. I took this work load as an opportunity to work through a few different tobaccos as the day progressed. This morning I blasted through a few bowls of Black X Twist in a regular meerschaum 'cutty' pipe from the early 20th century. In the afternoon I switched pipes to a larger bowl 'cutty' with an amber stem and smoked several bowls of Cannon Plug back to back prepared as either large flakes that I either used the 'fold and stuff' method or cube cut. I found cube cutting Cannon Plug muted the Rose Geranium flavors and gave a general ashtray flavor whilst the 'fold and stuff' method really let granny out of the underwear drawer. I finished my work day up smoking the smaller meerschaum 'cutty' in the picture with a bowl of Cannon Plug which to my mind burnt a little too hot for my tastes in the smaller pipe. My final bowl of the day in the small 'cutty' was a bowl of 2012 St James Flake which seemed to be well suited to a smaller pipe for some inexplicable reason. I wish you all a pleasant Saturday night as it is well past my bedtime. Good night all and I'll see you early tomorrow if the 'Big Fella' upstairs says it is to be so.

View attachment 299623
@condorlover1 I'll have to get some Cannon Plug for when I meet the Sealed Knot (English Civil War re-enactment) as it's said to date back to the civil war.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Busy morning but finally getting around to a smoke. Decided to put some Salty Dogs in a clay. I REALLY like this combination. Hope everyone is having a great Saturday. View attachment 299490
@Speak Easy I love your pipe; I have the same one! Salty Dogs is a good baccy choice for a clay; I enjoyed it in mine!

Status
Not open for further replies.