PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmcg81

Part of the Furniture Now
May 8, 2020
NJ
First ever smoke of C & D 5 O'clock Shadow. Popped a tin from 2021 the other night and let it rest in a jar for a couple days, which has been my move for all C & D blends for a few years now. I packed it into a Briarworks bent apple and this may be love at first smoke. I can't describe what I'm tasting but I'm really digging it. Glad I bought a few tins on impulse a couple years ago. Might need a couple dozen more.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Passing the quarter mark of this bowl of year 2010 FVF in a 2002 three quarter bend light brown sandblasted Ardor Urano Fatta A Mano eight sided paneled shaped bulldog sitter with a black acrylic saddle stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Going to read for a while.
Ardor Urano square shaped bulldog.jpg

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com

Attachments

• Dan Nantwich.jpg
    Dan Nantwich.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 3

PrivatePiping

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 24, 2023
Todd - Boise, ID
@PrivatePiping I LOVE your pipe; I was smoking 1792 Flake in my clay at Nottingham Pipe Show and the Battle of Nantwich - I think Gawith tobacco is VERY well suited to clays!
Thank you! I've only had the one smoke in it so far, but it was very good! It's definitely a different experience than smoking from briars.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Last smoke of the day is Wilke No. 515 Double Shot in a smooth dark medium bend 2021 Peterson Heritage Brown POTY 4AB No. 45/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. This is No. 515 with twice the rum of the Basil Rathbone blend.
4AB_Brown-left.jpg

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Thank you! I've only had the one smoke in it so far, but it was very good! It's definitely a different experience than smoking from briars.
@PrivatePiping Definitely a unique experience but as I've only smoked non-clay pipes a couple of times I can't say! Need to get some fresh pipe baccy before meeting Jason the blacksmith again:)

Attachments

• Cromford pipelighter.JPG
    Cromford pipelighter.JPG
    116 KB · Views: 6
Status
Not open for further replies.