Lifer
Jan 9, 2012
Franklin, Tennessee
Escudo in a Rubio Bulldog.

IMG0026.jpeg

Cloozoe

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 1, 2023
I'm interested to hear about the results and what changes you noticed after hydration.

I've got one jar as received; one I've hydrated just to the point where it's a little springy as opposed to crunchy. Thus far I've smoked one bowl of the hydrated and noticed nothing different I'd swear to. But as expected, it now hand rolls well for Gauloise/Gitane-ish tasting cigarettes; dry as dust doesn't roll, just results in a sloppy, misshapen paper sack of tobacco, half of which falls out the ends. Ever try to roll a cigarette out of one of those muslin sacks of tobacco dust like in a western?

The plan is to move at least a little closer to the scientific method and take two group 4 billiards, load one with dry and one with slightly hydrated and smoke them simultaneously. I'll post my impressions.

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
One would think that with a new-to-me Peterson estate in the fold as of Friday, and perhaps half a dozen Peterson blends in the cellar, my St. Patrick's Day decision should be effectively made for me...

...but I'm about as Irish as Larry Davis is, so you'd be dead wrong. Not to mention ready to be hakken me a tchainek over my meshugenah shtick! Oy, spell check doesn't like that last sentence one bit... 😬

Solani ABF in a Savinelli Porto Cervo 122 rusticated bent pot. Took forever to dry too.

Bird report: California scrub-jay, Dark-eyed junco, House finch, Steller's jay, California towhee, Spotted towhee, American crow, White-crowned sparrow, and Northern flicker. None of the above were wearing green, but they move way too fast for pinching. So sue me.

Enjoy the day, folks!

porto cervo.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.