PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

subsalac

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 9, 2018
My first ever bowl of Amphora original in the country gent cob I got from diamondback this Christmas. This is a... surreal moment for me, because this is the blend which started it all. I remember being a very small child, and it was my first encounter with an old man smoking his pipe. I specifically remember telling my mom how good it smelled, and she even asked and then returned to me, repeating two or three times one word-- "Amphora", "Amphora", so I could grasp it. I never forgot that word, and since that moment throughout life I would prioritize walking down the streets in new york city if an old man was smoking his pipe, and I had to cross, I wouldn't, just to simply the enjoy the smoke wafting in the air.

A big surprise too, because this blend is delicious. Perhaps I'm just biased by sentiment, but the kentucky really comes through, and whatever flavorings added are very subtle. Sweet, nutty, a hint of smoke and cedar-yness from the Kentucky, good stuff.

rushx9

Lifer
Jul 10, 2019
Shelby, NC
Working on some Royal Yacht in a MM Cob. Trying to find a combo of tobaccos that work for me during the day so I can kick the coffin nails for the new year. Strong pipes and maybe a bit of snus.
I smoked Camels, myself, and found Durbar and Presbyterian give me that Turkish flavor I crave. Since Durbar isn't readily available, C&D Rajah's Court and GLP Charing Cross are good subs. G&H flakes and twists do the job for a good nic hit. Royal Yacht is great and was strong for me at first but when I slowed down to get the best flavor out of it, I found the strength backed off significantly as well.

rushx9

Lifer
Jul 10, 2019
Shelby, NC
A fellow gong fu tea drinker, right on! Looks like a 2013 Yunnan Sourcing... I want to say Sheng Puerh? How's the tea pair with the EMP?
It's YS 2013 Drunk On Red Sun Dried Feng Qing, which is a sheng and red/black hybrid. I think it passed its prime a couple of years ago as it isn't meant to be aged like a full sheng cake. It brews up like a stronger, deeper english breakfast style that worked pretty well with EMP. A slice of lemon would have brought them together better! I have a few other vintages of this as well as some other pu'erh but tobacco collecting has all but halted my tea buying!

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Peterson: 3 P's - Peterson's Perfect Plug in a Meer...
zSPYNn4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.