PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rushx9

Lifer
Jul 10, 2019
Shelby, NC
I love Presbyterian, Durbar, and Standard Mixture Mellow. A friend asked why I didn't list EMP amongst those favorites and the truth was I just hadn't gotten around to trying it before it became unobtainium. So he surprised me one night with a 3 yr aged tin smack in the middle of the drought so it was quite a valuable gift indeed. I wasted no time popping the top and loaded some into my pipe reserved for Pres&Durbar. I was surprised when it tasted acrid and bitter and burned on the hot side so I waited a few days and tried it in a pipe dedicated to SMM and Ready Rubbed. Same thing. Bitter, woody, not much flavor. I tried it a few more times over the months but decided it just wasn't a blend that I'd ever appreciate the way I do other oriental-forward light Englishes. Last night I thought I'd give it a try in a larger bowled pipe I usually use for medium Balkans like Sasieni, Supreme, Whiteknight, etc,. Not sure if it was the chamber size, the lat ghost, or what, but this pipe gave me my first enjoyable smoke from this tin and might have redeemed the blend for me! I liked it so much I decided to go for the combo again as my first pipe of the day with coffee.12497

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am part way through this bowl of Sutliff Cringle Flake (Holiday Edition 2019) in a 2002 straight grain Karl Erik Ekstravagant A medium bend freehand sitter with a small horn ferrule accent and black acrylic saddle stem. Watching Mad Dog Russo.

Status
Not open for further replies.