PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenMN

Lifer
Jun 21, 2023
St. Paul, MN
Had C&D Eight State Burley in a Savinelli Porto Cervo 122 rusticated bent pot. Celebrating a successful encounter with the in-laws. Another gem, 9.1/10

Bird report: California towhee, White-crowned sparrow, House finch, California scrub-jay, California quail, Steller's jay, Common raven, American crow, Northern flicker, White-breasted nuthatch, Mountain chickadee, Hairy woodpecker, and Western bluebird.

Sipping a vodka tonic, not getting my ass utterly kicked by wifey in Scrabble at the moment, which is a surprise because I'm a bit distracted thinking about my b-day tomorrow and what blends I might have. Going to break in the Irish Harp, that's for sure, but everything else is a question mark.

View attachment 305490
Happy (early) Birthday!

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Did some low calorie snacking, and am near the half way mark of this bowl of Wilke Picket’s Charge in a post-WW2 straight smooth brown pre-Republic Peterson’s Dublin 3 bulldog with a nickel band and a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. This blend is Wall Street with much less perique (10%) than the regular W.S.
Peterson_PR_Bulldog_Dublin3_Shamrock.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty snap dragon apple, and am half way through this bowl of Wilke No. 515 Double Shot in a smooth dark medium bend 2021 Peterson Heritage Brown POTY 4AB No. 45/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. This is No. 515 with twice the rum of the Basil Rathbone blend.
4AB_Brown-left.jpg

Daisy the Feral Princess slept most of the day and night except perhaps for the three hours when she was outside. Tomato the Brave doesn’t want to be near the scampers, who were out all day and evening in the den. He’s also nervous about Sam the Scamp being in attack mode toward any cats who gets near her babies. Same goes for all of the cats in the house.

Long Tail has finally learned to get in the top ridge of the playpen. She didn’t know what to do after that. I took photos and videos of that as well as scampers bathing and climbing on my hand, and of course, plenty of play fighting between them, too.
LTPerch1.jpg
LTPerch2.jpg
LTPerch4.jpg
SamLooksatLTPerch.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Just fed Daisy the Feral princess and Tomato the Brave, and I'm near the half way mark of this bowl of year 2014 Edgeworth Ready Rubbed Match in a very much appreciated 1979 brown, slight bend grain etched flat front Stanwell Rego 969-48 (09) with a black vulcanite saddle stem. I may end the day with this smoke. Reading baseball box scores.
Stanwell Rego 969-48 (09).jpg

Skippy B. Coyote

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 19, 2023
St. Paul, MN
I only smoked my pipes twice today, but Haunted Bookshop was my smoke of choice both times. The first smoke was in a Morgan Bones Milan and the second was (and still is, since I'm smoking it this very moment) in a Dr. Grabow Lark. It may not be the smoothest blend in the world, but nothing scratches my taste buds' itch for a dark and earthy Burley blend quite like Haunted Bookshop. Very relaxing and soothing nicotine content too puffy

20231012213801_IMG_3078~3.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.