AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
This month marks a decade since I picked up a pipe in earnest. I've revisited a few of my originally acquired pipes, to help savor my good fortune and am smoking an estate billiard now, that I got in a group of 5 pipes for about $12.00 maybe $10? something typically cheap on my part, and its only marks are PIPE DREAMS on the side of the shank. It's smooth, well drilled and has no stinger. I cleaned up the long neglected stem with a piece of scotchbrite and some Barkeeper's Friend and loaded it with some Sutliff Victorian.
Of the five pipes, 4 are still smokeable. One, a Swiss Dry Air with two tubes in the shank, gave up the ghost after having become a favorite. The shank blew up. Another, lost its stem to a stem bending binge, because I was stupid, but I've frankensteined it with another stem and I smoke it. It's a crude looking 4 panel with a square shaft that is Algerian briar.
I think: "I could have stopped after that buy and a bag 'o seconds from MM", but then I think, look at all the fun you'd have missed chasing beat up old pipes on ebay!

Status
Not open for further replies.