PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skippy B. Coyote

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 19, 2023
St. Paul, MN
Well, I was enjoying a nice bowl of Ennerdale Flake in my Peterson Junior Rusticated Billiard while out on a dog walk.

IMG20231021171420~2.jpg

One unexpected tug of the leash later and wheeee, the pipe goes flying and there goes $85 when it hits the concrete. 😣

IMG20240412162734.jpg

That was the first and only time I've ever dropped a pipe, but I think the lesson to be learned here is that if I want to smoke a pipe while out walking then just bring an inexpensive cob. Thankfully the Peterson was a factory pipe and can be replaced, but I did really like that pipe so I'm still sad about the loss. From here on out it's cobs only for dog walking!

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Well, I was enjoying a nice bowl of Ennerdale Flake in my Peterson Junior Rusticated Billiard while out on a dog walk.

View attachment 302867

One unexpected tug of the leash later and wheeee, the pipe goes flying and there goes $85 when it hits the concrete. 😣

View attachment 302868

That was the first and only time I've ever dropped a pipe, but I think the lesson to be learned here is that if I want to smoke a pipe while out walking then just bring an inexpensive cob. Thankfully the Peterson was a factory pipe and can be replaced, but I did really like that pipe so I'm still sad about the loss. From here on out it's cobs only for dog walking!
@Skippy B. Coyote Sorry to hear about your loss:-( I've lost count of how many clays I've broken...
Ennerdale Flake is good in clay.

Briarcutter

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 17, 2023
U.S.A.

View attachment 302867

View attachment 302868

Sorry for your loss. They make some very good non toxic wood glue. Not sure how the non toxic version works with moisture but they glue cutting boards together with it. Someone here has the solution.

tfdickson

Lifer
May 15, 2014
East End of Long Island
Yachtsman Plug in my Herbaugh bamboo billiard.

IMG-1201.png

depriest1022

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 6, 2021
Arkansas
www.researchgate.net
Now smoking year 2016 D&R Three Sails in a 2015 three quarter bend two tone Chacom UPO Rouge squashed tomato with a black acrylic stem and shank. Haven't smoked this pipe in years, but was reminded of it a couple of days ago.
View attachment 302806
It would be hard for me to bench that pipe. Very sweet looking.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and sugar snap peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I just finished smoking year 2014 Edgeworth Ready Rubbed Match in a 2003 black sandblasted medium bend Karl Erik Ekstravagant scoop with a horn ferrule and black acrylic stem. Hated the photo I was using, and am not overly thrilled with this one, but it's the best that I could manage. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.
Karl_Erik_Scoop.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.