PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Fed three ferals, and am a quarter of the way through this bowl of pre-2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Watching Mad Dog Russo.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am half way through this bowl of year 2016 D&R Three Sails in a dark brown smooth straight post-WW2-pre-1962 LHS Certified Purex 24 squat bulldog with a nickel ferrule and built in stinger and a black acrylic saddle stem. Lavazza Classico, neat, is my drink. Watching the Braves-White Sox game. Never liked inter-league play, but I love baseball. Sleepy Suzy is by my side. Molly Danger is snoozin' by my feet. All the ferals, except for Sam the Scamp are outside.
LHS_Purex_Squat.jpg

FLDRD

Lifer
Oct 13, 2021
Arkansas
No foolin' I opened this yesterday!
I was going to "begin" the birds of a feather series, as I've really, really been digging on Sutliff crumble kakes lately. I looked and looked but couldn't find Uno, to begin it properly. So I went for what I could find and started with this.
I found it to perform better in the 309 (*), but to be fair it was the 2nd bowl so I had a start on how to pack it and deal with it. Thus far it didn't stand out to me as well as the Pipe Force blends, not as distinct in the various flavors, but the are "married" nicely. More smokes may open up more of the profile for my palate.
* I do think the chamber dimension was better, but it also had a draft of 5 or 6 mm vs. the 3mm draft of the XL9, and that was likely a big factor - for that smoke.

1712000417992.png

1712000437387.png

Status
Not open for further replies.