PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Part way through this bowl of flue cured burley in my old reliable 1986 smooth Peterson Kildare 999 Rhodesian.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Now smoking Jim's VaBur in my trusty 1970s smooth three quarter bend Peterson System Standard 305. The tobacco is a little dry, which is part of my experiments.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Half way through this bowl of Smoker's Haven 20th Anniversary in a 1949 medium bend Dunhill Shell.

w4ti

Lurker
Mar 28, 2014
The rain is coming down gently now. The map says it is going to get rougher later, like it will beat the ground as if it owed it money. Power, that sweet juice that runs the world and all that's in it-civilization-may or may not go out. Out to where is anyone's guess.
I've got my newest acquisition, a Castello stack (74) (got it from Mike Glucker of Briarblues fame- remember him from the IRC days!) going with some Dominican Glory Maduro while I sit outside on the porch. The blend is really singing in harmony- the top leaf, no doubt sun cured, from the cigar tobacco has melded with the Virginia leaf. The results are absolutely sublime, even for a hearty, fuller flavored (but not laden with nicotine for this scribe) tobacco. It's almost like you can see the rich, loamy soil of the Caribbean that grows one part of this blend taking the Virginia of the red clay and black soil of the Piedmont region and watching them take to the stage for a soulful duet. Do they sing a jazz number? Maybe. The riffing off of one another is quite evident in this blend.
The weather is just right for this tobacco tonight- as the rain washes away the pollen, so too do the smoke clouds get torn asunder when they are delivered out into the open, seen thrashed in the orange haze of a parking lot light.
Good evening to all. Morning to some.

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
First two bowls of the day were a custom blended aro in my KC Feather, but I got the urge to taste real tobacco so I popped into a Cigar shop and they filled my pipe for free. MMMMMMMMMM cigar leaf: so pure, so simple and soooooooooo good!

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
MacBaren Scottish Blend in a smooth full bend 1977 Crown Coachman 215 egg (Charatan second).

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
Enjoying a bowl of Rich's Cigar Store Red Cake in my Savinelli 616 KS Trevi. This Red Cake taste the same to me as McClellands 5100 Red Cake, but the tobacconist said it was their own blend. I don't know if I believe him though. Either way it's good.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Jim's VaPer #1 in a 2003 medium bent straight grain Two dot 2 P. Ardor Venere Extra Bucaneve with a silver ferrule signed by Dorelio Rovera.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Heine's Blend in the second pipe I ever bought ($2.49), a 1974 three quarter bend black sandblast etched Dr. Grabow Omega.

Status
Not open for further replies.