Jul 21, 2011
2 weeks ago celebrated my 7th year of sobriety well done matchstickman

life may not be perfect but a lot better where i was

david

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
My daughter and wife . Never lowering my own standards to conform like a sheepeople . From a tent to a well manicured home in a affluent neighborhood . Not once have I asked for assistance from my family or my government to obtain my goals . On the lighter side , getting a bigger tv every time my eyesight changes for the worse so I dont have to wear glasses at home .

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Between the baskervilles making me almost cry and hauntedmyst's cheese post, I'm proud I can still be legally declared sane. I can, can't I?
I'm proud that I managed to claw my way from the bottom of a concrete pit of misery that almost ended my life and become a (somewhat) well adjusted guy with a roof over my head, a paycheck that won't make or break me, good food and drink in my belly and a great woman to back me up when I need reinforcements.
I guess it's more thankfulness than pride, but I do have some good decisions on my part to be proud of. :puffy:

yoru

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 5, 2011
I finally finished a book over the summer for once. . .pretty proud of that even if it was only a 50,000 word manuscript I still haven't had time to edit. Just nice to actually finish a big undertaking for once (well, step 1 anyway).

ichbinmuede

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 17, 2011
Oh I suppose I'll try and answer this one. Haha.
I'm proud that I'm a young man with real and tangible skills. I can chop down a tree and make a fire or build things from it. I have a good deal of knowledge about the way the world works and the way the things around us work. I'm proud that I know a good deal about my language beyond just speaking it unlike many of my peers. I'm proud that I'm comfortable with who I am and don't feel the desire to fit in.
Haha I'm also proud that I finally kicked myself in the ass and got a GED to fix the problems that flipping high school the bird caused me. :lol:

morlader

Can't Leave
Mar 2, 2011
Cornwall UK
Proud of my family especially my wife for putting up with me for 48yrs and my daughter who studied for her degree while working full time and bringing up three children then graduating with honours at 40.And of course for providing a home for a dozy dog that thinks he is important.

group4

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 16, 2011
My two daughters and the guys in my squad
IMG_2050.jpg

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
Funny how you can start a thread, posing a question, and not answer it yourself, but no one notices
or nobody cares?
but I care, so now that you said it...you going to answer it? !
Yep.....discovering rational thinking, and reversing the brain-washing I received in my youth.

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
Yep.....discovering rational thinking, and reversing the brain-washing I received in my youth.
Were your parents in a cult? Raised in a paramilitary compound? Kidnapped by the government and turned into a killing machine upon hearing the words "What I need is a really really good fitting pair of pants!"

Status
Not open for further replies.