Nov 25, 2012
Amery,WI
65138_4125641266821_800851446_n.jpg
I am going with the Turkey Wrapped in Bacon :lol:

photo.php

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
Italians do things a little differently. Christmas eve comes with the tradition of eating 7 different kinds of fish including things like bacala (salt cod), calimari(squid), cuttle fish, octopus, cabadone (eel), alice(anchovy) and many others. We also serve what is called aglia olio which is a simple pasta served with olive oil, garlic and anchovy. Christmas day we usually have homemade ravioli and chopped pig fried with hot peppers and garlic along with a whole host of other pick foods and side dishes.

05venturer

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Amery,WI
Ohin3, that sounds awesome, I am part italian and have managed to vacation there once and was there for work once. I love the "real" italian cuisine. Merry christmas to you and yours.

bubblehead33

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 17, 2012
Canada
looks good 05, good for the ol heart haha enjoy! and ohin, that sounds like quite a feast, wish i was Italian instead of Irish, our cuisine isnt so inspiring lol :|

05venturer

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Amery,WI
Thanx bubblehead, Merry Christmas to you and your family, the pic is from Thanksgiving, I was asked to do a repeat for Christmas.

Jul 15, 2011
Did Christmas with my side of the family yesterday. Dad went a little different this year and made baked pasta with pepperoni and sausage, loads of garlic bread, homemade oil and vinegar coleslaw, and for dinner he had a big pot of chicken and noodles. Good stuff. Doing Christmas with Rachels family tomorrow and her mom is cooking dinner, just not sure what were having yet.

mthanded

Can't Leave
Sep 15, 2012
Our Christmas eve tradition is pork tacos and for Christmas this year we're having a Walleye fish fry compliments of our son who went on a fishing trip this fall. Can't wait. Merry Christmas all.

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
Standing rib roast, mashed potatoes, salad with blue cheese butter milk dressing for Christmas Eve. Christmas Day, what ever the in laws are cooking? I am sure we will not go hungry, they know how to feed a crowd!

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
All I know is I'm breaking out the other Harry and David cheesecake we got for $8 lol. Don't usually have a traditional Christmas day dinner. Some years it's turkey others ham. Thanksgiving is the holiday we really feast on. Though, one year I'd like to give a traditional Christmas goose a try if I can ever find one for under $50 lol.

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
Will have some pork roast, baked potato, green bean casserole and hopefully some type of pie.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Pork Roast, Turkey, Ham, crab and eggplant casserole , Gravy, Rice, wouldn't"t be a Cajun meal without rice and gravy LOL. Homemade bread and cornbread dressing. The old cajun :clap:

jcsnaps

Lifer
Oct 18, 2010
Tonight New England Clam chowder and popovers. tomorrow- shrimp and cheeses for appetizers, Beef Wellington, crescent rolls, corn, baked potatoes, dessert Christmas cookies

lankfordjl

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 29, 2011
Texas
My buddy told me today that their family tradition is to have tamales every Christmas eve; they've done that for about 16 years now - since moving back to Texas. We're having BBQ tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.