PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Sigmund

Lifer
Sep 17, 2023
France
Black tea with cream and sugar. Ive found it to be a great match for vapers.

Today was some red wine with a lat blend. That was a nice pairing too.

I like scotch and whisky but I rarely buy it. If its in the house I will drink it and that is the end of everything for the day.

Scottishgaucho

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 22, 2020
Buenos Aires Province.
20240323-194621.jpg

DanWil84

Lifer
Mar 8, 2021
The Netherlands (Europe)
My week in beer the past week from top left to bottom right

Crushed a few Hefeweizen with collegues out for diner, paired with a laaaaaarge schnitzel
Smoked Stout with a rather nice islay whiskey peatyness, i normally dont like peaty whiskey but this was nice
NEIPA
DIPA
Black IPA, nice roasty flavors upfront, hoppy bitter in the back, style kinda grows on me being a Stout and IPA enthousiast
Pastry Stout, very in your face walnutty
Pastry Sour/Gose, taste just like described; a piña collada with pineapple juice. Nothing to do with beer, but still a treat!
Dopfelweizen with a nice story, im a member of a beergeek group on Facebook. A few years ago they lost a member to Lou Gehrig disease (we call it ALS, Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis) and decided to organize a yearly fundraiser with a auction of beer related items, beertastings (one of I attended) and brew a beer where the proceeds of all three go 100% to the ALS Foundation. Raised about 300K the past 4 or 5 years.
Barley wine
Cold IPA, crushable as a lager with the hoppiness of a IPA

picture_1711744150397.png

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
Leffe tonight, with my steak.
Brewed by Belgian monks apparently, which sounds a bit dodgy. In an all male monestery, which perhaps sounds dodgier still! Depends on one's beliefs I suppose. Pukka pint all the same! 👍
Nice meal and I am always a fan of drinking out of a glass stating what the beverage is.

I have Duval tulips and Wild Turkey whiskey glasses that don't see their maker often enough.

And I'm a big fan of tulips for beer.