PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
The BCDF was back in stock at Sp earlier. When I checked they had 14 tins left. I did not order any so it could still be there. I am done cellaring this one so no worries from me.
peck, I thought you were done at 150 tins, trying to beat my total?

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
Harris,
I called literally the instant I got the email for the Astley's 44 and figured I would throw some Wessex BCDF and BVF to even things out and the Astley's was down to 3. Since I already picked up 10 each of both Wessex I just bagged the order. I must say YOU PEOPLE are vultures. :nana:

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Dan, you cannot blame me, I stopped ordering tobacco months ago. You need to blame peck as he has not stopped and never will. he cannot help himself and he has the worst case of PAD and TAD I have ever seen. He has enough tobacco to last 3 lifetimes and still he buys. He is obsessed and unless we perform an intervention, I fear all is lost.

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
If an intervention is necessary I would suggest Pat and Brian, but Peck would use his super-powers on them and convert them into minions; hoarding al the tobacco they can and then bringing it to master. :mrgreen:

masspiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 14, 2014
This stuff is evil just found a site that has some with no limit. Out came the CC again. :puffy:

masspiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 14, 2014
If you are interested in this I would call to make sure they still have it. Another board member ordered and said he didn't receive conformation. I did get one and called today and they did have the tins I ordered in stock but better safe than sorry.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
Love this tobacco! A very rich smoke, creamy and smooth with no bite, but yet at least it tastes like your smoking something (called tobacco) which is something I can’t say for most of the aromatics I’ve smoked. That’s not to say I don’t smoke aro’s as there are a few that are indeed quite good and I think that Wessex BC would be a great transitional tobacco for those that wish to delve into non-aro’s.
However, there is one very major problem with Wessex BC, and that simply being that it is more often than not extremely hard to get (ever hear of Esoterica Pensanze?). Which, in and of itself, obviously tells you something about how good Wessex BC is. With that said, between yesterday morning and the previous day I went a tad crazy, pulled the trigger and purchased 14 tins of this tasty delight! Hey... isn’t that what income tax returns are for? :wink:

Dec 24, 2012
It's a little hard to get at the moment but historically it has been pretty easy to get. I was buying it 20 and 30 tins at a time last summer with no issues. Hopefully it will be well stocked this summer again.

Dec 24, 2012
And by the way, I was at Iwan Reiss in Chicago yesterday and they had a few tins on the shelf, so it is out there if you look hard enough.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
And by the way, I was at Iwan Reiss in Chicago yesterday and they had a few tins on the shelf, so it is out there if you look hard enough.
Might very well be, but it's not available on their Website. I've lived in Chicago for 67 years albeit I've not been to Iwan Ries since the late 70's. Then again, they charge $13.50 (aside from the INSANE Cook County & Chicago taxes!) which I perfectly understand considering the overhead of a B&M. Other than that... a MUST place to visit for anyone who comes to Chicago.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
peckinpahhombre wrote:
I grabbed 10 tins from 4noggins over the weekend. Not sure if Rich still has any left. Wonderful stuff.
They had it in stock on 04/24 (two tin limit) and it was gone the next day. Other than that, I'm curious what summer has to do with this tobacco, or any tobacco for that matter, being more available?

Dec 24, 2012
No idea. All I can tell you is I have almost 200 tins of the stuff and I acquired most of it during the summer last year, after rarely seeing it during the first part of 2013. It was easy to get. I hope it is again.

Status
Not open for further replies.