We're Going to London. Location Recommendations Please.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
My favorite day trip is always to Greenwich by boat. Plan on a full day if you go. There is a lot to see in the area besides the the GMT line.
One of my favs as well. Great restoration of HMS (?) Cutty Sark right there, too. The trip is worth it even if you stay on the boat and return to London!
Greenwich, Cutty Sark and Canary Wharf are all on our list. Our Airbnb is in Limehouse and the Docklands Light Rail (DLR) goes directly to them. A boat ride down the Thames is also on the list.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. Much appreciated.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

jaingorenard

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 11, 2022
Norwich, UK
Greenwich, Cutty Sark and Canary Wharf are all on our list. Our Airbnb is in Limehouse and the Docklands Light Rail (DLR) goes directly to them. A boat ride down the Thames is also on the list.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. Much appreciated.
The DLR is quite fun in and of itself! If you want some great bagels (better than NY haha) try Bagel Bake in Brick Lane near Liverpool Street, the one with the blue and white sign.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
The DLR is quite fun in and of itself! If you want some great bagels (better than NY haha) try Bagel Bake in Brick Lane near Liverpool Street, the one with the blue and white sign.
I'll Google map it and put it on the list. Thanks

That's within walking distance👍. We are staying at Narrow Street/Horse Ferry Road area near Gordon Ramsay's Bread Street Kitchen.

Last edited: