PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

unclefester13

Lurker
Aug 9, 2013
Has anyone experienced calming down tongue bite with switching tobaccos? After smoking my pipe most of the day I started to get a little tongue bite . . . so I stopped. Then having no will power, I pick up my new BC (Estate Sale) and filled it with Boswell's Majestic 586, and it began to calm it down and eventually went away.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
My response should have had a shocked emoticon with it. 8O
+1 on the Biotene, I learned of it from this forum, so thank you, good advice.

eazye77

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 21, 2012
The man (you) hopefully realizes others new to our hobby are also reading this, thus my post here, which may help others and hey, may be useful to the OP as well.
Rothnh don't play. . . :lol:

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
So, I went to abbreviations & looked up OP, not there. Does it mean Old People? Cause...I are one. 8O

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
Has anyone experienced calming down tongue bite with switching tobaccos? After smoking my pipe most of the day I started to get a little tongue bite . . . so I stopped. Then having no will power, I pick up my new BC (Estate Sale) and filled it with Boswell's Majestic 586, and it began to calm it down and eventually went away. - unclefester
Howdy fes,
Yes sir, as I have reported here in the past; many years ago an old timer told me that whenever I got tongue bite, to switch to Captain Black White. He said it has some medicinal value for tongue bite. I tried it and it was like magic. My local pipe club members have been using the Captain Black trick to cure tongue bite for years now with almost a 100% success rate.
Best,
Pipestud

namuna

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 22, 2013
I've been wondering whether or not to try out the CB White...You just synched it for me pipestud, thanks. :puffy:

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
When I first started seriously smoking, but before I learned of this forum, I was smoking CB Gold--and suffered daily tongue bite. When I joined I learned from the sage Roth and others that aromatics cause tongue bite and suggested mixing CB and other aromatics with Carter Hall. I eventually dropped CG entirely for CH. Never had the bite since.

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
If you don't have or cannot purchase Biotene, as it is $12.00 per bottle here in Canada, you may also use Hydrogen Peroxide. Mix it 5 parts water, one part Peroxide, swish, gargle etc, rinse mouth when finished.

Things that bit me once, rarely ever bite me again later on. I was thinking that Va's were not going to be doable for me. My tongue nearly split in half after first trying Red Cake, but I kept at it in between bowls of various aros and burly blends. Now, the aro blends that I first burned in the beginning bite me, when they never bit before. But, I can smoke Va's and VaPers all day, and I do :lol:
It must just be some weird PH thing. Also, I always see folks blaming heat on tongue bite. But, there is something different between the chem burn that I know as tongue bite, and the affect of too much heat. Too much heat makes my sinuses feel cooked. I don't think of the two issues as being the same at all.

chemistfox

Lurker
Oct 19, 2013
Jack Daniels always works for me. Cleanses the palate and whatnot. Also, tastes good...and gets you drunk. It's a wonderful product.

Status
Not open for further replies.