PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

alancairns

Might Stick Around
Oct 22, 2012
When I was young in the late fifties and sixties, I wore my kilt all the time, in Glasgow and its environs. 1962 was my first trip furth of the British Isles, to France, Germany and Belgium. I wore my kilt, and got lots of lifts. I would wear it on dates, picnics, anything, really.
Now I'm in Canada, I really only wear it for occasions. Any occasion that would demand evening dress - opera, family gatherings, weddings - sees me kilted up with my Charlie jacket. I wear it with a tweed jacket over the Christmas season, and go to work in it. Funny, though, how it seems to shrink from year to year. My med school year book (Glasgow) shows me in my kilt, Falcon in mouth.
I alway wear McLaren, from my mother.
Alan

(Yes, I do have a slight accent)

daveinlax

Charter Member
May 5, 2009
WISCONSIN
There's usually a group of guys at pipe shows in kilts. Not exactly sure WHY, but they're there.

Yeah I don't know why people feel compelled to dress in costume either. Kinda creeps me out. I've seen some strange costumes at big cigar events too. 8O

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
I believe you should be proud of your culture, wear the SOB and be proud of it, it is the coolest thing, if I wasn"t so short , people would think who is that ugly fat little man dressed in drag I would wear one, KUDOS to you Scotsmen. The old cajun :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.