We all know Santa is a pipe guy, but what do you think he smokes?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hierophant

Lifer
Jul 27, 2014
A little pre-Christmas whimsy...
The Jolly Old Elf is well known for his love of sweets, so there is an argument to be made that he's an aromatic smoker, something crazy sweet like Molto Dolce.
But I don't think so. For my money, he likes a lat forward blend with a good nic level, something to keep him warm and awake on that long, long night. When he's home at the castle, he probably prefers a fancy meer, but while working he needs something sturdy, a stout, stubby bulldog or similar.

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
"We all know Santa is a pipe guy, but what do you think he smokes?"
Edgeworth Pipe-Tobacco, what else?
th

th

pipefish

Can't Leave
Aug 25, 2013
I'd like to think Santa is a Condor man...
Or Mixture 79 (perhaps he's the reason they keep making it!)

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
huntertrw, Definitely Edgeworth! If Santa has some stockpiled up there, I wish he would drop a few tins in my stocking.

Jun 4, 2014
Santa seems to favor small pipes, so I think he prefers flakes. I can see him loading up with Old Dark Fired before his yearly run.

jfox520

Part of the Furniture Now
May 24, 2013
Santa is magical so whatever tobacco he wants just appears in the bowl of his pipe.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
+1 sablebrush
Santa is definitely sitting atop a healthy cellar of tobacco we all want. One that surely rivals Peck's.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
Well, first I have the elves muck the reindeer stalls a couple of times a week. The dung is carefully separated from the straw and dried. Some of it is stoved and and some is air dried. Some is cased, I prefer peppermint and will tolerate a bit of "essence of fir tree." It is carefully cut into slices which I rub out before smoking.
I'm too attached to the clay pipe and haven't felt the need to acquire a briar or meerscham over the years. I did see a couple of really nice pipes once and Santa almost had to put himself on the "naughty" list. It was in a house in Canada and . . . well, that gent had heck of a collection of Dunhills. If I remember correctly he had a JD diploma prominently displayed above his pipes. That diploma was almost unreadable fro all the caressing and fondling.
Mrs Clause prefers I do my smoking in the stable, says the tobacco smells like "Condor" and she's never liked that. So, I read and reread the threads on this forum to see how others living in the cold north handle the discomfort of being relegated to the shed or porch in the middle of winter. The best idea I have found, through experience, is a nice stove fueled with the reindeer dung which wasn't fit to smoke. Coal is used when there aren't too many on the naughty list and the head elf CFO over purchased by a ton or two. Checking the list a day or two back and . . . I think this year I'll run short of coal. The world is full of naughty people lately.
Anyway, enough of me. I've got to see that the sleigh is detailed and then over see the loading. "First in, last out!" is the rule. Learned that from an old beach master. Very useful.
Edit: I have no idea why the old guy PM'd me with the above. I had no idea that he even lurked the forum. I hope he doesn't make naughty and nice list placements based on anything he's read here.
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!

teufelhund

Lifer
Mar 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
I'm surprised there weren't more nominations of Christmas Cheer, but I was leaning more towards something like honey & chocolate... Santa's got a sweet tooth!

delkhouri

Can't Leave
May 4, 2013
Columbus Ohio
Peterson's Holiday season - I have never tried it myself but I think it might satisfy Santa's sweat tooth.
http://www.smokingpipes.com/tobacco/by-maker/peterson/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=155378

smeigs

Lifer
Jun 26, 2012
Im going to agree with the christmas cheer, even though its not very original. If I was to pick a random "santa blend" I think it would be some sort of aromatic, maybe something like apple pie.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Santa would be smoking Gawith, Hoggarth & Co. Happy (Brown) Bogie. He lives in the North Pole and would need something with some KICK!...

Status
Not open for further replies.