PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

futureman

Can't Leave
Jul 9, 2011
Ohio (Displaced Central Texan)
It's about time for me to put in another WCC order. One blend I've been eyeballing is Quint's Own. On paper, it looks delicious:

A veritable plethora of different leaf, this rough to crumb cut mixture of stoved Cavendish, Black Cavendish, bright Virginias and our own "Crumb Cut Burley" is very lightly seasoned with a measure of St. James Perique and a near imperceptible amount of Latakia which serves to cool the blend.

For those who've smoked this blend, I'd love to hear your thoughts.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
It's one of WCC's lesser appreciated treasures. The crumb cut burley provides the nutty sweet backbone against, complemented by the cavendish, with a bit of acidity from the bright Virginias, against which the touch of Perique and latakia provide a nice savory counterpoint. The Latakia is condimental but hardly "nearly imperceptible". It reminds me of a super high quality OTC. I like this blend quite a lot.

Reactions: futureman

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Clearly I didn't clean up my copy before posting. So here's the post without the crap syntax:

It's one of WCC's lesser appreciated treasures. The crumb cut burley provides the nutty sweet backbone, complemented by the cavendish, with a bit of acidity from the bright Virginias, against which the touch of Perique and Latakia provide a nice smoky/savory counterpoint. The Latakia is condimental but hardly "nearly imperceptible". It reminds me of a super high quality OTC. I like this blend quite a lot.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
?

Thanks for this clarification. “Nearly imperceptible“ is my sweet spot for any blend containing Latakia. I may still grab a few ounces.
The Latakia is present to anyone who's sensitive to it. It's a light touch, but even 1/2% is perceptible. I like the blend and I'm not a fan of Latakia in large concentrations except on rare occasion.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Haha funny this is next on my list to smoke, hoping to have some today. Smell’s like the topping is fairly influential when whiffing the jar.

daytonsean

Lifer
Aug 28, 2012
Dayton
I finally ordered some of their stuff when the Rouxgaroux became available again. I will add this one to my list. The other blends I just recently tried are all incredible, better than most tin brands I have tried over the past five years. Very impressed with wcc.