PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
As with everything, over familiarity breeds contempt. So no one picture is going to be my one and only.
That said, there are a number of films I enjoy revisiting. Here are a few of them.
The General, City Lights, Modern Times, A Night At The Opera, Casablanca, King Of Hearts, Best Years Of Our Lives, Seven Samurai, Ikiru, La Belle et Bete, The Grand Illusion, Sunrise, The Wizard Of Oz, My Man Godfrey, Bringing Up Baby, Strangers On A Train, Nothing Sacred, Battle Ship Potemkin, King Kong, Citizen Kane, The Magnificent Seven, Pale Rider, Tokyo Godfathers, Steamboat Bill Junior, Nosferatu, M, Metropolis, Judgement At Nuremberg, Pat And Mike, Bad Day At Blackrock, It’s A Wonderful Life, Alls Quiet On The Western Front, The Nightmare Before Christmas, Shop Around The Corner, Cheyenne Autumn, Animal Crackers, Rashomon, Floating Weeds, etc, etc.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
Caan in "Gardens of Stone" is worth a look every now and then. Probably, my opinion only, the best Viet Nam movie ever. Any of Ford's trilogy I can watch once or twice a year. I watch my two favorite Christmas movies each year also, "Three Godfathers" and "Donavan's Reef." "Bad Day at Black Rock" is always worth a viewing. I could list a bunch more including "Monte Walsh", either version as each is different. I can't say that about any other remake. But, I can't think of any one film I could watch "over and over" which I'd define as more than twice a year.

DesertDan

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 27, 2022
Tucson, AZ
John Carpenter's The Thing.
I have literally watched it many hundreds of times. I have worn it out in every format except laser disc (never owned one).
I can say the same (to a somewhat lesser degree) of;
Alien
Aliens
Bladerunner
Big Trouble in Little China

But with The Thing I don't even have to put in the disc anymore, just close my eyes and visualize...
(white lettering on black)

"A Universal Picture"

and then roll through the whole movie in my mind.

Yes....I know. cray