Was Wondering If Someone Could Please Tell Me How To Contact USPS About A missing Order

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
I have an order of briar in the wind. I have a tracking number but the only information I have is that a shipping label has been created, nothing else.
I spent an hour on the USPS website on Saturday and about the same again this past Sunday and I could not find anyway to contact them from Canada. I started to fill out a form that I thought would get my request logged and in the works about my order at least started, but it was for the US only. I pulled down every pull down I could find under the tabs including all the ones int he international shipping tab but nothing. I tried calling the numbers provided but got no where trying to speak to an actual USPS representative.

I'm not sure what to do at this point. The person I ordered the briar from was very kind and said he would take care of me, but I would sure like to be able to track this one down if possible.

Any suggestions or info on how to actually contact USPS and speak to a real person would certainly be appreciated. I also posted this thread in the Pipe Makers Forum as well.

Thanks in advance.
Chris

blues4goose

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 15, 2019
Bethlehem, PA
There's almost nothing in this world more frustrating than trying to get in touch with a real person at USPS on the phone, and that's coming from someone in the US.
It's not worth the headache, I would just take the seller up on his offer to take care of you.
I tried to contact them the other day, spent an hour going in circles with their automated phone system, then went into the PO to try and figure it out in person. All I got was condescension, and more frustration. Luckily, the package was found and arrived a few days later.
I do wish you the best of luck, but I would just go through the seller.

sasquatch

Lifer
Jul 16, 2012
They won't do a thing until it's lost for 30 days anyhow. And you aren't even at two weeks yet. Chill man!

Reactions: rogers

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
Warren, thanks for the info. I do have a tracking number though.

That does not necessarily mean they shipped it at this point. They simply had it entered into the system. Many commercial vendors/shippers have accounts that allow them to enter shipping information, print labels, and receive/issue tracking numbers before actually dropping off the packages for shipment.

I too, would start with the vendor. Even if USPS has lost the package it's still the vendor's issue to deal with until you receive the package, at least IMO it is.

Reactions: judcole and ormazd
Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
USPS won't provide much info until the package reaches their hands. I see this every time with packages sent from Europe. It may sit for as much as a week or even longer in receiving and customs before being passed to USPS for delivery to the final destination. Same thing with orders from P&C. My last shipment didn't make it from UPS to USPS. That's a whole other story. Have a few more days patience would be my recommendation.

Status
Not open for further replies.