PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
Just today a 19 yr old father of 2 children died when he accidentally shot himself thru the throat while taking a selfie. I guess there should have been a warning label on the firearm & a warning label on the camera about the dangers of taking selfies; then maybe he would still be alive.
http://www.click2houston.com/news/hpd-teenager-fatally-shot-while-taking-selfies-with-gun/35045298

seacaptain

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
He may have been a "father" of two small children but I doubt he was providing a nickels worth of support for either of them.

brudnod

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 26, 2013
Great Falls, VA
Reb, you wouldn't even believe what goes on in the depths of medical literature. I recall, as the parent of an autistic, now adult, child, the ridiculousness of the MMR vaccine causing autism. And, sadly, there are many, many more...

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
Spencer, my daughter is an anesthesiologist so I've heard stories about knee surgeries (for example) where the patient's arms & legs are so huge it is impossible to find a vein.
I sometimes think there is some grain of truth to this meme:
wZv2u38.jpg

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Johnnyreb ... your meme brings up another change for the last generations.
They have made everything "stupid proof" for kids.
We had metal and wood all over our playgrounds and sharp objects to play with.
It's all plastic and rubber now ... pansies. :)

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
As a child in the 50's I played with a wood burning kit, cap guns, dart guns, BB guns, pocket knives (Mumblety-peg), and a small bottle of mercury in a home painted with lead based paint and asbestos laden kitchen flooring. Strange... but I seem to have survived quite well.

stickframer

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 11, 2015
They have made everything "stupid proof" for kids.
We had metal and wood all over our playgrounds and sharp objects to play with.
It's all plastic and rubber now ... pansies. 
It's not right. Sometimes when I want to scare the piss out of myself, I try to imagine what it will be like for my kids kids. :crazy:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Proposed warning for gas tank of motorcycle: An emergency stop on this vehicle may tear the skin off your shaft. Well, it's true, but I don't think anyone wants to read about it as they rev up the bike. De-gloving they call it. At least it's a mishap in which you will probably remain alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.