PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe912

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 27, 2011
Wasilla, Alaska
Bonecrusher (What I call my B-70), had a cooling issue yesterday. While waiting for the mechanic to arrive, I smoked a bowl of SPC "Plum Pudding" and snapped this picture of another B-70 passing by (and look! it's me in the mirror) :)
b70onthehill.jpg

tre123

Might Stick Around
Jul 5, 2012
Hey Joe912. I used to be " that mechanic". Lol. 3 cat 988 front loaders and a manitowac 888 crane. Not bad equipment except for the fact they were in a pet.coke pit. Lol

shawn622

Lifer
Jul 22, 2012
Mount Sterling, Ohio
Cool pic!!! My mom and step dad are part time farmers. Luckily my step dad is a seasoned diesel mechanic that specialized in Caterpillars. His second job is teaching diesel mechanics. He does all the work on his equipment. He says if he had to pay someone he would go out of the farming business. Good luck :D

joe912

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 27, 2011
Wasilla, Alaska
I'm working on a road rehabilitation/realignment project on the Haul Road (Dalton Hwy) in Alaska. About 150 feet behind me in the picture is the Trans-Alaska Pipeline.
tre, We have three 88's on our job too. Two "H" models and an old "B", and 2, 980's. There's a puny 966H floating around too. Add to that, 3 D10N's, 3, D9L's, a few D5's, 2 Hitachi ZX450's, a little Cat 315, a crap-load of rollers, and of course, 22 archaic Euclid B-70's. That said, We've moved over 700,000 tons of material so far this season which started 3rd week of May. Wanna be a field mechanic? Oh, forgot about the crusher.........

joe912

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 27, 2011
Wasilla, Alaska
Thanks for the compliments on the picture. I have more from this job that I'll share if anyone is interested.
If anyone is bored, type "Galbraith Lake Airport, Alaska" in the search bar on Google earth. That will put you in the general vicinity of where we're working.
And yes, Plum Pudding is excellent! It's one of my "go to" blends. :puffpipe:

joe912

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 27, 2011
Wasilla, Alaska
Okay, here's a few pictures from this job
Fireweed in bloom about a month ago

photo5.jpg

Last week, we had a few "weather" days because of heavy rains. Unfortunately, the camp is smoke-free, and there is no smoke shack. When the weather cleared for a bit, I loaded up one of my Petersons with some Jack Knife Plug and ran outside to have a bowl. This was my scenery

photo1.jpg

Galbraith hill (9% grade) looking south towards Galbraith Lake

photo3.jpg

This was the view North from where my B-70 was broken down

photo8.jpg

Other stuff I do. Moving a D9 on the project

photo2.jpg

philip

Lifer
Oct 13, 2011
Puget Sound
Thanks for posting the pics, Joe.
What amazing variety of beauty our country has, not to mention the rest of the world. Pictures is the only way most of us will ever see it.
Plus I enjoy getting a glimpse of the life styles of other members.
Happy smoking up there. :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.