PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
mso, you will hear me shout it from the mountaintop! Two bids have already appeared, but I'm still the high bidder. I just bid now to throw my hat in the ring; I'll probably wait until the last few minutes before the auction ends before I toss in my final bid. But God, it's such a beautiful pipe! I could see it hitting $300, which is unfortunately too hiigh for me. I do clench these days--blame that on judicole--but not exclusively, and it's not a factor. But I'm going to do some serious praying to The Big Guy (who I am sure smokes a pipe) that I can win this beauty. It would really be the finest in my admittedly modest collection. And bernie2, you're right--that Weaver is a keeper. Except for the color--I prefer darker colors--I'd sure go for something like that. Where's a good place to find these Weavers?

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
I just checked it out after doing a search. I'd need to donate blood and knock over some kids for milk money before I could afford one of those sweethearts. See what PAD has done to me? I'm seriously thinking of committing myself to a life of crime.

matches

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 22, 2015
Dunedin, NZ
I've had a volcano on my PAD list for a while. I've always thought Cavicchi renders them nicely
b14facd05e50ef607879ace986a22e13.jpg
Hope you're search works out well. I certainly second that Moretti's frequently go on the 'bay for what seems to me quite a low price.

raevans

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 20, 2013
I was never really into the volcano shape. I always thought that they were too big and bulky. However, after seeing some of the true beauties posted here, I find myself re-evaluating that whole thought process. I do believe that a volcano may make it's way onto my PAD list as well....

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Pipes have a way of doing that to you. When I started, I imagined myself when long, slender pipes, only to find I prefer thick shanks and bowls, such as those made by Peterson. Now this volcano comes along just as I started thinking about them on eBay...

Aug 14, 2012
I have 3 by Lasse Skovgaard. They smoke well, but I don't smoke them often. I am getting lazy with age and it is just less trouble to smoke a straight or slightly bent pipe.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
All this talk of volcanos set off a PAD attack.
http://m.ebay.com/itm/201309096583?txnId=0

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Yeah, winton, that's the ticket. Seriously, that's why I like the eBay volcano so much--it looks like one.

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
Yup, just grabbed this one a little bit ago.
http://m.ebay.com/itm/201309096583?txnId=0

seadogontheland

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 4, 2014
Chasing, very nice work, you're quite skilled. I have a Berlin Design sandblast that I got for 70.00 and though not nearly as attractive as yours or many of the fine ones in this thread, its a good smoker and I'm quite fond of it.

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
Thank you very much! I think the volcano shape is one of my favorites, just not enough really good ones out there. Carvers tend to lean towards the classics and enough time is not spent cultivating the new classics like the volcano, blowfish, ramses, etc.

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
Here's one I made for a friend's birthday a few years ago.
http://pipesmagazine.com/members/chasingembers/album/picture/15346

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
:lol: 12 hour shifts at work have kept me out of the shop lately, but hopefully that will be coming to an end soon and the smell of briar dust will be in the air again!

Status
Not open for further replies.