PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Mike N

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 3, 2023
I was In Cleveland today and got to stop by a great brick and mortar, Robusto & Briar. Very large selection of pipe tobacco (see photo below of a few I picked up). The pipe section was great also. I purchased two Charlatan estates and they buffed them out in the back room while I waited. Great selection of new pipes too, especially Petersons. Two large smoking lounges.

(tap on photos to enlarge)

Attachments

• IMG_2914.jpeg
    IMG_2914.jpeg
    216 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_2916.jpeg
    IMG_2916.jpeg
    160.1 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_2918.jpeg
    IMG_2918.jpeg
    213.7 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_2919.jpeg
    IMG_2919.jpeg
    225.1 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_2921.jpeg
    IMG_2921.jpeg
    178 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_2922.jpeg
    IMG_2922.jpeg
    164 KB · Views: 28

BTPiper

Lurker
Feb 13, 2024
I’ve been to this store twice. Both times, the owner came across as pretentious. I was the only customer there both times.

The first time the owner specifically recommended a blend I had just explained what I wasn’t looking for. I wished to find limited blends or VaPers and he suggested Peterson Balkan. When I politely declined it was as if I no longer existed.

The second time I walked in to browse. As I was looking at pipes, the owner and worker were at the front area. I asked a question if he had any pipes with hand cut stems. He asked my budget and I said around $150. His reply “you’re not going to find any hand cut stems for less than $300. Ascorti is the only maker that you can buy from and they’re way out of your budget.” I replied “I have fifteen pipes with hand cut stems and haven’t spent over $150.” He scoffed and replied “then you were ripped off and they were lying to you.” The tone was obviously demeaning.

I had most of the pipes in my car in case I would’ve stopped to smoke, but the store closed smoking due to Covid. It wasn’t worth my time to show the pipes and prove the hipster D wrong.

Mike N

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 3, 2023
I’ve been to this store twice. Both times, the owner came across as pretentious. I was the only customer there both times.

The first time the owner specifically recommended a blend I had just explained what I wasn’t looking for. I wished to find limited blends or VaPers and he suggested Peterson Balkan. When I politely declined it was as if I no longer existed.

The second time I walked in to browse. As I was looking at pipes, the owner and worker were at the front area. I asked a question if he had any pipes with hand cut stems. He asked my budget and I said around $150. His reply “you’re not going to find any hand cut stems for less than $300. Ascorti is the only maker that you can buy from and they’re way out of your budget.” I replied “I have fifteen pipes with hand cut stems and haven’t spent over $150.” He scoffed and replied “then you were ripped off and they were lying to you.” The tone was obviously demeaning.

I had most of the pipes in my car in case I would’ve stopped to smoke, but the store closed smoking due to Covid. It wasn’t worth my time to show the pipes and prove the hipster D wrong.
Man, maybe it was you for appearing to be at the shop to show off pipes you already owned or the Covid protocols, because that was totally opposite my 4-hour at the shop.

The pipe guy was cool as heck and even brought out some Dunhill estate pipes that had just come in. The counter guy was patient and gave me several cigar boxes for free and packs of the store's wooden matches. I found a dozen blends and 2 pipes I bought. I sat there and enjoyed the company of a half dozen other pipers all afternoon. I have been smoking pipes for over 35 years and have visited dozens of brick and mortar pipe shops throughout the USA and this was one of my best experiences.

Reactions: OverMountain

BTPiper

Lurker
Feb 13, 2024
Once I read I couldn’t smoke I didn’t bring anything in with me. The owner had no idea I had any pipes with me. The “show off” guys are the worst. I apologize if my previous comment sounded pretentious. I try to act opposite by offering other pipers help and sharing my tobacco.

The store layout is fantastic and classy. I wish my experience would’ve been better. Hopefully, it was Covid stress.

Last edited: