PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 4, 2015
Luxury Bullseye Flake. The highest quality smoke per ounce available on the market. That sounds subjective, but it's a fact! :puffy:

travelergypsy

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 15, 2016
I included a tin of HH Pure Virginia, as well as an ounce of PS Luxury Twist Flake, in my last order. Currently smoking my second bowl of the Pure Virginia. Absolutely love it. Exactly what I was looking for. I haven't gotten around to the Twist Flake. That will happen tomorrow.

travelergypsy

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 15, 2016
Couple questions: does Luxury Twist Flake come tinned ever? How does it age? (I can't wait to try some in a year or five) I absolutely love this stuff. Soft, subtle flavors (for me) but it is sure to let me know if I'm puffing to strong... burned the hell out of my nostrils!

Also, how closely does LBF compare to LTF? I know they are two different blends. I'm just trying to decide if I want twice the amount of LTG in my next order or not. :)

May 4, 2015
It's academic, but I don't think it comes tinned in the states, but it is available tinned in Europe. Age it in a jar, though - it's all good.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
Virginia tobacco when puffed too heartily usually 'rewards' you with heat and reduced flavor. (any tobacco does this, but due to the sugar in a VA, it's more pronounced.)

Once you've got some time on your twist it will mellow out, too.

I don't think there's a huge difference in tastes between the PS VA offerings, more in their presentation.

LNF has perique and is a very nice uniform flake.

LBF has a cavendish center and looks similar to Escudo.

Twist...well, you have that.

It's commonly held that any VA will mellow with age.

willc

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 7, 2014
SG FVF is probably my fave Virginia flake.

I have about a pound with 4 years on it and it is sublime.

Status
Not open for further replies.