PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

teufelhund

Lifer
Mar 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
There was a '67 Chevy II 4 door in my family until my Grandfather passed. It was auctioned after his death proceeds to a local scholarship foundation. I have never been so sad to be outbid for something in my entire life; pipes included.

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
I sold my 57 VW Beetle with vintage performance engine and accessories from EMPI in 2002. It had a 2 barrel carb, centrifugal distributor, and extracter headers, all from NOS 1960's production. Also owned a 1960 Corvair for a few years, which got damaged in a flood. As much as I love rear engined cars, decided I needed a Jeep to live in the swamp.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Those older VW's with hopped up motors are a hoot, I had a '73 with a little work but a buddy had one of those big Empi motors.

Aug 14, 2012
Al: My 74 Beetle did over 90 mph. I once got into a race with a friend who had a big Detroit V8, from Chelsea to Sheepshead Bay. He was so arrogant he laughed when I challenged him. When he got to his house in Brooklyn I was parked waiting for him. It had the standard 4 cyl. engine. What I would love, of the humbler cars, if I had a mechanic to go with me, would be a Triumph TR3, was it? The one with the recessed grill. Or an MG TD. Anyone remember the Spanish made Pegaso?

rmason

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 27, 2013
My dad and I, a few years ago, restored an old 1917 Model T and then a 1969 Mustang, those are cars are absolutely pure fun to drive, especially the Model T, since when ever I drive it I always were my grandpas older suits and smoke my pipe.

planetscott

Lurker
Apr 7, 2013
2125_1095001732199_9694_n.jpg

Vintage Cortina

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
It those are in your stable, I want to be your adopted son! I love those British Fords, quite a contrast to the US muscle cars of the same era.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Very nice shots, I love vintage racing. We have a big event at Watkins Glen and for me, nearby Summitt Point WV (Brian Redman's Jefferson 500). At my last trip to Watkins Glen, I stood beside Stirling Moss during the downtown car parade lap, when I asked if that was who he was, he disappeared...

Status
Not open for further replies.