PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I see a nice Brick & Mortar Tobacco Shop, or a nice line of pipes and pipe related accessories COULD be in your future. You're probably doing this as a hobby and actually are an engineer or maybe a doctor, but, the market you have in front of you to enlighten and enthrall with the delights you can teach could actually save or improve lives.

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Nicely done! I'd much rather have something like this over something that was cookie cutter stamped at some factory!

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
That is an awesome pipe and a very nice looking rack too!

The rustic look of the rack really suits the pipe. Well done. :puffy:

okiescout

Lifer
Jan 27, 2013
Carver, you are way ahead of me on this project. It comes from your heart and your hands have not let you down. To me that is what was best about it. Enjoy :D

ect0plasme

Lurker
Sep 7, 2014
Wow great work ! I'm trying to get my hand on an Eron myself for the summer! Concerning the pipe, does it accet any 9mm filters? On the website it says it's "suitable for the use of a 9mm Dr. Perl junior activated carbon filter of VAUEN", and I'm not sure if they're just advertising their own brand of filters or if it's made exclusively for those filters!!

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
While I like the idea of churchwardens, and like yours and your beautiful churchwarden rack, which btw is the first of this kind that I've seen, practically speaking all that stem would get in the way for my smoking style, which is in front of the computer and with hands at the keyboard.

carver

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 29, 2015
Belgium
I see a nice Brick & Mortar Tobacco Shop, or a nice line of pipes and pipe related accessories COULD be in your future. You're probably doing this as a hobby and actually are an engineer or maybe a doctor, but, the market you have in front of you to enlighten and enthrall with the delights you can teach could actually save or improve lives.
@NewBroom: that's a very poetic image for an imaginary future. :) It looks appealing though. I am teacher actually. I teach English in China. Man, I've been wanting to reduce my teaching time to a higher quality time and more motivated students than the wealthy and mannerless bunch that we get here and dedicate the rest of my time to something else :)

carver

Mar 29, 2015
Belgium
Nicely done! I'd much rather have something like this over something that was cookie cutter stamped at some factory!

That is an awesome pipe and a very nice looking rack too!

The rustic look of the rack really suits the pipe. Well done. :puffy:
@eJames @Jkrug: Thanks guys for the nice comments, very much appreciated. But... uhm... what is "cookie cutter stamped" ? :D

carver

Mar 29, 2015
Belgium
Carver, you are way ahead of me on this project. It comes from your heart and your hands have not let you down. To me that is what was best about it. Enjoy :D
@okiescout : Do you carve too ?

carver

Mar 29, 2015
Belgium
Wow great work ! I'm trying to get my hand on an Eron myself for the summer! Concerning the pipe, does it accet any 9mm filters? On the website it says it's "suitable for the use of a 9mm Dr. Perl junior activated carbon filter of VAUEN", and I'm not sure if they're just advertising their own brand of filters or if it's made exclusively for those filters!!
@ect0plasme: Thanks for the comment. Eron looks really good and is a pleasure to smoke. Though I gotta admit I've never had a smoke in a really really good pipe, so it's a little hard to compare. Maybe I would be mindblown by another pipe. Yes it does accept 9 mm filters. I do think they are advertising for their own stuff, but I use another brand of filter as well, and it works well.

carver

Mar 29, 2015
Belgium
While I like the idea of churchwardens, and like yours and your beautiful churchwarden rack, which btw is the first of this kind that I've seen, practically speaking all that stem would get in the way for my smoking style, which is in front of the computer and with hands at the keyboard.
@4nogginsmike: I definitely understand that this is not a pipe to work with, it's a little heavy to clench and needs to be held. I usually use it, while doing nothing else, listening to music, looking outside travelling my own thoughts, watching the view or watch a movie, stuff like that. I do think that other models of CW could work even on the computer. Thanks a lot for the nice comment on the rack, but I gotta say that I found it really strange that I haven't been able to find a single rack for that pipe, even in shops or wherever...

ect0plasme

Lurker
Sep 7, 2014
Would any of you guys know the best website to buy a Auenland? Carver, where did you buy yours?

carver

Mar 29, 2015
Belgium
@ect0plasme : I might not be well placed to answer that question. i live in China, here you can buy mostly anything on TaoBao, which is the massive online marketplace. I bought mine there. In other countries, I really haven't the foggiest, sorry to not be able to help more.

littlebubba

Lurker
Jun 12, 2015
Maple Ridge, BC
Hi Carver,
Amazing job on that rack! I have the Friddo and was happy to look at mine, tall and proud amongst the rest of my pipes......until now......apparently I have PAD, TAD and now rack envy, great job!

carver

Mar 29, 2015
Belgium
OK so it's been a while since the last person answer and I apologise for the delay, I left the forum for a while.
@PipeMonk: thanks a lot for the show of interest. Unfortunately I don't think I'll work on actual furniture. I am a little player who liked to do Sunday afternoon crap.

What you require is a massive piece of art. I don't feel I have the skill :(
@shaintiques : thanks a lot :)
@Littlebubba: don't know what to say, sorry for making it look less great. The pipes are awesome I find, and since I don't have a lot, and they don't fit my small bigben 5 pipes rack, I thought ... hey why not... Also I was totally HIGH on Lord of the Rings (and on nothing else), so I just dug into it.

Now I have 2 Eron and Gilg, and I gotta say, they look good there :)

@Carver - Brother you have enough skill so dont worry. I am a designer myself and I have never thought of myself as good ever since I started working. We constantly learn and evolve. That being said you can start making stuff for us peeps here on PipesMagazine so you can practice and hone those skills.
It's the character of the art that lots of us like and love on here. SO don't worry and start accepting those commissions. I showed your work to a very prominent pipe accessories maker and he really liked it. Can't name names though but he gave you a 3.5 out of 5 on character.

carver

Mar 29, 2015
Belgium
Hey PipeMonk.

Thanks a lot mate. Thanks also for sharing that pipe accessories person, it's very flattering.

You said you were a designer, what do you design ?

Status
Not open for further replies.