PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
I admit the fascination over this genre is a bit over the top, but there are some real standouts.
Specifically, Former's Straight Grain Flake and Savinelli Doblones d'Oro.
Any other off-the-beaten-path varieties like these?

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
There's a few that don't get as much mention as the old Escudo, LBF, etc ...
1. McClelland #2015

2. GLP Cumberland (addition of DFK is great)

3. C&D Bayou Morning

4. 4 Noggins Prairie Wind

5. H&H Louisiana Red

6. H&H Viprati

7. Low Country Waccamaw (added Orientals are superb!)

blackbeard

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 13, 2015
Not sure if it's part of the beaten path; however Sutliff Private Stock - Golden Age was one for me. I received a bag of it from the Free Pipe Project, and it was my first experience with a VaPer. I am not sure of the age, so it may be different right out of the tin. When I opened it...I couldn't hardly stand it. I HATE the smell of vinegar and that was the first thing I picked up. So, I put it on the back burner for a while. Finally gave in, smoked a bit of it...and wasn't happy. Couldn't get the vinegar smell out of my mustache, but the taste was so much different. I went back for more....then more...and before I knew it, I was out. Compared to Dunhill Elizabethan Mixture, it stomped it even with it's weird smell. I need to get more, but it's not been on P&C and that's where my orders have been for now.
In short, Sutliff Private Stock - Golden Age after a bit of smoking was one of the better tobaccos I've smoked in general so far. When I get to a point where I start storing tobaccos and have what I like down, I will certainly have to get 3-4 to age and a couple to smoke.

blackbeard

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 13, 2015
Haddo's Delight. The Beast of All Va/Pers. But You knew that.
Actually, I didn't. Have delved into a few areas, but only glanced VaPers so far. So, will have to add that to my list I suppose.

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
"The Beast of All Va/Pers"
At first I thought you said "best" which is for sure not a consensus, but "beast" yes.

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
McClelland's Blakeney's Best Bayou Slice is a personal favorite. For a bolder VaPer I like H&H Viprati.

aristokles

Can't Leave
Jan 18, 2011
Although I smoke loads of Bayou Morning I really love McClelland's Blakeney's Best Acadian Ribbon.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Also C&D Buffalo Soldier all time fav. Predominantly Red Virgina with a nice dose of Perique with a splash of Latakia.
This week I go down the path many have gone. Death Meatal has enticed me to Soak Perique in Rum, By this Friday I'll let you guys know what happens. Calling this the Rum/Per. Yea I said it, Rumper..

Status
Not open for further replies.