PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

quincy

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 7, 2013
Soo... I placed another order with P&C early, early yesterday morning. It's scheduled to arrive the same time as the one I placed Friday... It isn't a P&C issue... Both were sent priority mail... Ugh. I CANT WAIT ANY LONGER!!! But tomorrow is gonna be AWESOME! Hahaha

dottle

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 1, 2012
Expected Delivery By:

February 21, 2013
USPS Tracking / Delivery Confirmation™
Mail has come,,no package,,,,nuff said.

dlattim

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 27, 2012
I use UPS exclusively for my company's orders to customers all across the country. It costs a couple of dollars more, but you can't beat the service. Tracking updates and proof of delivery are excellent. Whenever I can, when I order for myself online I pay extra to specify UPS. I will say they aren't much good for shipping to Canada, too much paperwork.

yadan

Can't Leave
Dec 23, 2012
Central Galilee, Israel
My experience is that just about all mail services are relatively inefficient and archaic, especially in light of today's technology. It seems obvious that it's the human element which slows everything down. Customs can also be a factor; a package can sit there for quite a while until it's released.

I've had packages sent from similar locations in the U.S., arriving here in Israel at wildly different times. I've even had a couple of pipes subject to atrocious customs fees, while most others arrive with no fee whatsoever. But that, of course, is a different thread.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I shipped a pipe thru Ebay in December. I mailed it Priority on Friday and it was delivered to Washington State that Tuesday, for $6. I find that simply astounding.

mustanggt

Dec 6, 2012
I've not had a beef with the post office at all. They are cheaper and like Al said it gets across the country in a few days not a week or more with UPS. I've ordered some pipes from Germany and Deutchepost sucks. It will never show any tracking period. It just shows up when it shows up.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
The USPS gods must be smiling on me. For the princely sum of $3.15, I shipped a pipe from MD to FL on Monday. My receipt said the expected delivery was to be on 3/7. It was delivered today, 3/6. I'm still astounded at that kind of service for a few bucks.
Delivered FORT LAUDERDALE FL 33339 03/06/13 10:24am
Arrival at Post Office FORT LAUDERDALE FL 33339 03/06/13 10:15am
Processed through USPS OPA LOCKA FL 33054 03/06/13 5:28am

Sort Facility
Depart USPS Sort OPA LOCKA FL 33054 03/06/13

Facility
Processed through USPS OPA LOCKA FL 33054 03/06/13 3:28am

Sort Facility
Depart USPS Sort LINTHICUM HEIGHTS MD 21090 03/05/13

Facility
Processed at USPS LINTHICUM HEIGHTS MD 21090 03/04/13 9:46pm

Origin Sort Facility
Dispatched to Sort WILLIAMSPORT MD 21795 03/04/13 5:48pm

Facility
Acceptance WILLIAMSPORT MD 21795 03/04/13 9:44am

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Another USPS success story for me. I bought a GBD on Ebay Monday afternoon. The seller, from California, posted USPS tracking information on Monday night, which listed a 3/21 delivery date to Maryland. I was surprised to get an email update from USPS that the pipe was delivered on 3/20, a day early.

trailspike48

Jan 15, 2013
The tracking really gets messed up when UPS drops something off at the USPO and the package gets marked as delivered even before the USPO gets the package. I thought a Ser Jacopo I had coming was lost, it was delivered the next day.

skapunk1

Can't Leave
Feb 20, 2013
Being in Canada, its a bit of a trend I've noticed, at least ordering from 4noggins, little to no tracking through usps site, Canada post doesnt pick up the tracking till aftet its delivered, usually in a week or just after. Yet I have to sign for it? weird

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
The UPS connection might be the issue, I don't think I've ever been effected by their handling. I caught a guy trying to swindle me using USPS tracking, he printed an electronic label, told me it was shipped and sent that tracking number. But, after four days, the tracking still showed it had not been dropped off to a PO.

05venturer

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Amery,WI
Just a couple days ago I checked my tracking number on a pipe I had been waiting for and it said "Delivered". I go get the mail and no pipe. Called the Post Office next morning and was told "Oh yeah your delivery person forgot about it" WTF, then why was it marked as delivered?

Status
Not open for further replies.