Upping the Nicotine Level of a Mixture with N-Rustica Wild Leaf, Anyone?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

shermnatman

Lifer
Jan 25, 2019
Philadelphia Suburbs, Pennsylvania
Getting a little burnt-out on constantly relying soley 5 Brothers or CIgar Leaf to up the Nicotine-level of whatever I am smoking; and, the expected effects this has on an otherwise enjoyable, but N-impotent mixture.

I've been reading that the wild leaf Nicotine Rustica has roughly 10x the vitamin N of most Burley. Has anyone had enjoyable success mixing some of this into their common smoking blend?

If so, please share your experience. - Sherm Natman

Last edited by a moderator:

vosBghos

Lifer
May 7, 2022
Idaho
I have a few tins of MB Rustica and just picked up 3 tins of Suttliffs new Rustica blend which is its own banger of a blend. ( worth a try for sure if you like full flavor and nic) The MB Rustica can definitely add nic to a blend but it burns really slow so it is not as user-friendly as Five brothers maybe if dried very well/added to a shag or very dry ribbon it could burn at a more reasonable rate it also has a very distinct flavor much stronger than five brothers a bit of coco mollasses? Hard to describe I have experimented with ropes to add more nic also but they like Rustica have a very distinct flavor and burn slow too so I would experiment with pairing and drying times. I have blended Rustica with Bright Va like F&T Golden Mixture with nice Black and Tan results same with Black Irish X and Golden Glow. But I mix Five Brothers with Capstan and Dunhill Flake/ Royal Yacht and get nice results there too

Reactions: yanoJL

Oddball

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 29, 2022
TN
I have mixed MB Old Dark Fired and Bold Kentucky flake into a few other blends to up the strength to very pleasing results.. They also taste good so the add more than the N.

Architeuthis

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 17, 2021
same with G&H Dark Plug/Dark Flake Unscented. It is a nice blend to amp up something needing a little goose...

yanoJL

Lifer
Oct 21, 2022
Pismo Beach, California
I haven't used Rustica, but I have used Tabac de la Semois (Vincent Manil) whenever I've felt the desire to bump of the nic level of a few blends. It worked well.

Like others I have added strong tobacco to weak tobacco. Good candidates to add - Macbaren Rustica, Five Brothers, etc…

Don’t have any raw leaf, so never added raw leaf to anything.

I think Dark Burley is quite strong and may be a good candidate to dial up Nicotine in a blend. Personally I don’t need anything stronger.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Rustica sounds like a good idea. Add just a little bit at a time to find your 😊 spot.I can vouch for Rustica.
@samuelgawith01 The Clay King needed to sit down to smoke his clay pipe of MB Rustica; I remember you telling me I wouldn't hit the target with my musket after smoking it!
It's the only baccy I've ever smoked that I thought it might blow my hat off:)