PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

docgarr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 25, 2010
I've done two on-line pipe surveys, one with Kevin of this fine website. In addition, I have done a few papers comparing the health of pipe and cigar smokers with non-smokers, former cigarette smokers and cigarette smoker. The data are taken from a sample of 37,000 adults from the National Survey of Drug Use, conducted by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Next month I present a paper, "Smoking and Drinking and Self-Rated Health," at the annual meetings of the American Sociological Association. It's in Vegas so I can smoke!

seanz

Part of the Furniture Now
May 8, 2011
Southland NZ
done my friend and welcome. also a big plus on the short sweet survey i will send my addy for the baccy prize :lol:

bgbarcus

Lurker
Feb 15, 2010
I appreciate that you kept the survey short. However, the question about what price range we pay for pipes should have been a set of check boxes instead of radio buttons. My price range is modest compared to a lot of people but it still covers at least two of the options. Even people who spend several hundred dollars on some pipes often buy cheap pipes too.

forsooth

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 18, 2011
Done. But surprised it did not inquire about frequency of using pipes, favorite time of day, etc....

dfrank

Lurker
Jul 25, 2011
thanks a lot for your feedback - the price range is certainly a very good point!
Keep it up, the bigger the sample, the better. :)

dfrank

Lurker
Jul 25, 2011
At a glance, the survey reveals a great diversity in the pipe smoking community. For all the young smokers, the myth that pipe smoking is a question of age is definitely busted! I will post results in more details after evaluation of the data. Again thanks to all who participated in the survey!

Status
Not open for further replies.